• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    So, did they really walk out in protest, or because they have an idea what's in the withheld docs and didn't want to be on record as voting against contempt when the chips fall....:dunno:

Self-preservation is the name of the game in Rome on the Potomac.

They didn't wish to have their names associated with a vote, one way or another.

Cowards.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'd rather have them represent what we, the public, actually want instead of doing whatever they all think is best for us, specifically on issues that none of them possess any qualifications on which to base decisions.

I know, I've got a vivid imagination.

I think you must be confusing a "democracy" with what we purportedly have: a "republic". We're supposed to elect representatives who will do their best to vote in ways that are best for their constituency and the nation. You ought to be able to recognize that there are probably as many different "wants" on a particular issue as there are represented. How is a representative to choose?

Basically, we send them up to represent us on permanent probation; we have the opportunity to vote them out every two or six years. If they aren't getting voted out then either they're "representing" their constituents or not enough of their constituents disagree with them to vote them out.

Top Bottom