Denver Bakery Refuses Service to Gay couple, sued and lost in court....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One thing that puzzles me about all of these pro-discrimination efforts the Republicans are pushing across the country is they seem to be ignoring the business side of the equation. In Arizona, the push back from business has been overwhelming. All of the Chambers of Commerce, trade associations, tourism and convention industries, airlines, the tech sector...even the Superbowl committee is questioning what to do if Brewer doesn't veto.

Arizona worried legislation could cost state Super Bowl XLIX | NWCN.com Washington - Oregon - Idaho

We heard the same thing from many of Indiana's major employers as well. Do Republicans risk losing the self proclaimed business friendly/job creators title? Is passing pro-discrimination legislation at the cost of jobs a worthy endeavor?

If only repubs fought as hard against increased spending and decreased liberties as they did the gays.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    One thing that puzzles me about all of these pro-discrimination efforts the Republicans are pushing across the country is they seem to be ignoring the business side of the equation. In Arizona, the push back from business has been overwhelming. All of the Chambers of Commerce, trade associations, tourism and convention industries, airlines, the tech sector...even the Superbowl committee is questioning what to do if Brewer doesn't veto.

Arizona worried legislation could cost state Super Bowl XLIX | NWCN.com Washington - Oregon - Idaho

We heard the same thing from many of Indiana's major employers as well. Do Republicans risk losing the self proclaimed business friendly/job creators title? Is passing pro-discrimination legislation at the cost of jobs a worthy endeavor?

Doing the will of the religious right is much more important to them than business, the economy or liberty. They're proving that left and right.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Listening to Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro right now, they talked a bit about this.

One thing I didn't realize (I expected, but didn't realize it was unveiled to be true) is the people saught out a bakery that refused them. They got a bunch that agreed... but only wanted to find the one that refused them so they could point the Government gun at them and try to wreck them.

Sort of pissed that detail didn't get widely reported... how vindictive these ****bags are. Cancel culture has existed for a long time now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

One thing I didn't realize (I expected, but didn't realize it was unveiled to be true) is the people saught out a bakery that refused them. They got a bunch that agreed... but only wanted to find the one that refused them so they could point the Government gun at them and try to wreck them.

Sort of pissed that detail didn't get widely reported... how vindictive these ****bags are. Cancel culture has existed for a long time now.
    The media knew that would turn a lot of the masses off, so why would they report it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and what is significant, but seldom reported is that the bakery would gladly sell to people of any and all orientations, any of their standard products or a custom cake for anything....except gay marriage. There is not a refusal t serve anyone. There is only a refusal to do one specific thing.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

And during the civil rights era black folks intentionally sat in the "wrong" area of a specific restaurant/bus, knowing they would be refused service.

You don't challenge discrimination by avoiding it.

Regards,

Doug

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ...and what is significant, but seldom reported is that the bakery would gladly sell people of any and all orientation any of their standard products or a custom cake for anything....except gay marriage. There is not a refusal t serve anyone. There is only a refusal to do one specific thing.
    Z

AND to put an even finer point on it, they would gladly do a generic item. They just would not write specific stuff they disagreed with or go and "participate" in the case of the caterers that have been sued. Come and get the food or buy the blank cake? Absolutely. Just no "offensive" writing or forcing active participation in the event on site.

And in several of these suits, the defendant offered referrals to competitors that they knew would do it. "I wont but Jerry over there will gladly do it for you."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

And during the civil rights era black folks intentionally sat in the "wrong" area of a specific restaurant/bus, knowing they would be refused service.

Regards,

Doug

Give me an example of a business that was willing to sell any and all of their normal products, in the normal course of business, to black people in the “civil rights era”, but refused to only sell one specific custom product to black people based upon a religious objection that is considered an orthodox interpretation of scripture and has been for thousands of years.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Give me an example of a business that was willing to sell any and all of their normal products, in the normal course of business, to black people in the “civil rights ere”, but refused to only sell one specific custom product to black people based upon a religious objection that is considered an orthodox interpretation of scripture and has been for thousands of years.

^^^^This^^^^^^

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Regards,

Doug

Not even remotely similar to the gay wedding cake debacle.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Regards,

Doug

But they found countless bakeries that would serve them.

They wanted to find the one that wouldn't so they could destroy them.

These people aren't oppressed, they're just *******s.

Top Bottom