• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Never have understood the attraction of the “big city” lived all over the country and the world.
    If one of our local Police or Deputies got shot it would be a major event like a once in a lifetime type thing.
    I would gladly give up the big city lights for the security of not getting carjacked?
    The lack of “community” in the big cities has always made me uneasy thanks for explaining your view I guess it’s just a different lifestyle?

Well I certainly enjoy getting away from the city, having lived here my whole life I'm comfortable here. I still say the vast majority of violent crime is not random. So as long as you mind your own business and are mindful of SA you most likely will be just fine.
    Also, some of us are required to live within Marion County as a job requirement. Yes that was a choice made but with 18yrs in toward my pension, I'm not going anywhere.
    I live on Indy's east side and I just know to be mindful of surroundings.

Its not as bad as many think

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Never have understood the attraction of the “big city” lived all over the country and the world.
    If one of our local Police or Deputies got shot it would be a major event like a once in a lifetime type thing.
    I would gladly give up the big city lights for the security of not getting carjacked?
    The lack of “community” in the big cities has always made me uneasy thanks for explaining your view I guess it’s just a different lifestyle?
    Carjackings are actually quite rare in Indy. Violent crime rarely touches those who lead a lawful life. There are thefts and burglaries but there are ways to minimize your likelihood of being a victim and rural life finds those crimes as well. I visited Mooresville last Sunday, holy hell it's rural out there. Not sure about the "community" aspect or rural life. People live so far apart, do they even know their neighbors? I know all of mine on my street and they know me. Good neighbors are better than any alarm system. My wife actually get physically uncomfortable whenever we travel into Hancock Co or anywhere rural. This is why people live in urban and rural places, because they want to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Carjackings are actually quite rare in Indy. Violent crime rarely touches those who lead a lawful life. There are thefts and burglaries but there are ways to minimize your likelihood of being a victim and rural life finds those crimes as well. I visited Mooresville last Sunday, holy hell it's rural out there. Not sure about the "community" aspect or rural life. People live so far apart, do they even know their neighbors? I know all of mine on my street and they know me. Good neighbors are better than any alarm system. My wife actually get physically uncomfortable whenever we travel into Hancock Co or anywhere rural. This is why people live in urban and rural places, because they want to.

I grew up with Farm people. We moved to the big City in 1954. I was 4 years old. I have lived near busy asphalt ever since. I love the country. A great place to visit. Could never live there.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I've lived in Indy my entire life. I intend to move to the sticks one of these days, as I just bought a house, this will be off a while. I will never live inside 465 again. Indy isn't a bad place, Indy has some :poop: neighborhoods, though. I also know some small towns that are total garbage, too. Be aware and don't be a part of the problem.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I hear what your saying, ( Violent crime rarely touches those who lead a lawful life), then I remember the Pastors wife, or those three kids in Carmel, or the Doctor recently killed in his own home, how about the two store clerks? We all know the ones who murder are out there right now waiting, planning, watching.
    God bless all you guys do to keep us safe, your only a phone call away.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Keep telling yourself it’s not that bad then think about when was the last time you viewed the local news and no violent act was reported?
    Can someone explain the “urban” lifestyle and the advantages?

Speaking only for myself...

1) My Job pays three times the hourly rate in the city as it does in some rural locations.

2) Cities offer increased commercial, political, and religious opportunity...good luck finding a Mosque or Temple in, say, Washington County, for instance.

3) Flexibility of lifestyle. Cities allow you to experience other lifestyles up close, and creates a more genuine "melting pot" than you really see in the rural communities.

City life isn't for everyone...but it certainly has its advantages.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    When I moved to Indy 25ish years ago I read the newspaper every day and watched the news every night. I was floored by the murders. Then I started doing research on who was shooting whom and realized that I didnt live that lifestyle. Meh.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Midnight Volleyball
    I believe that was a 70’s rock band.
    Didn’t CM play drums for them back in 1973 ?

Looks like Indy is a safe place as long as you are not involved in crime.
    In addition seems like we have many yuppie/hipster city dwellers on INGO.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Frank n Stein
    You were supposed to get B&*hurt over that !
    Shouldn't you be doing the cop thing right about now? I bet your posting form work!

Top Bottom