• Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Great idea for a thread.

Here's one that's been around for a while. Shot 6 times in face and neck and still managed to flee. Good argument against mag capacity limits, although not sure if the gun in this story was a semi-auto or a revolver. The "all six shots" makes me think it was likely a revolver.
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/woman-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder_ntm7s/242785523

And still my favorite, a young teen mom in Oklahoma kills one of two intruders to protect her baby after calling 911. The second intruder is charged with the murder of the first.
    Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot - ABC News

She later appeared on Dr. Phil, and although totally justified, you can see how totally emotionally devastated she was by the experience:
    https://www.drphil.com/shows/1770/

Last edited:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    And still my favorite, a young teen mom in Oklahoma kills one of two intruders to protect her baby after calling 911. The second intruder is charged with the murder of the first.
    Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's OK to Shoot - ABC News

Not sure if true, but from the comments:

[FONT=&quot]They stalked her for two years, poisoned her kennel of police dogs, murdered her litters of puppies, broke in multiple times while she was off shopping for baby food/diapers.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]She had bred, trained, and sold German Shepard dogs to Law Enforcement agencies, until all dogs were killed by the two scum drug bums.

Terrible people.[/FONT]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This one's from Indiana, and of course involves a lawsuit.

Hero Who Shot Man Trying To Kill Cop Gets Sued By Criminal's Family

Ohio County, IN – A heroic woman who came to the aid of a police officer under attack has been hit with a lawsuit.

Kystie Jaehnen was hailed as a hero after she saved the life of an Indiana conservation officer who had been overtaken by a drug-fueled assailant. But now she has become the focus of a wrongful death lawsuit, according to an Aurora Police Department (APD) sergeant familiar with the case.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Strongly agree with this. Only way to stop BS lawsuits like this is to create a penalty when you lose.

I don't necessarily agree to a fine "if you lose".
    I could have a legitimate complaint and lose.
    But, when they sue knowing the law says that they can't, and do anyway... Doesn't Indiana have a law supposed to protect people that lawfully used their gun?

Oh, and part of that fine should be to the lawyers that promulgated it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Comment on Reddit:

Doesn’t this seem like a reasonable lawsuit? A man died, depending on the circumstances of the altercation she may or may not have used excessive force. Take it to court and let a jury decide seems like a reasonable course of action to me.

What is this, the UK?

Is she expected to try and make a non-lethal shot with the gun?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Comment on Reddit:

What is this, the UK?

That statement is one of the anti-gunner's favorites.
    Cause they don't know what they are talking about.

Yep. The man died because of his own actions. Especially in the act of taking control of the officer's weapon, that's a deadly situation and she was right in doing what she did.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't necessarily agree to a fine "if you lose".
    I could have a legitimate complaint and lose.
    But, when they sue knowing the law says that they can't, and do anyway... Doesn't Indiana have a law supposed to protect people that lawfully used their gun?

Oh, and part of that fine should be to the lawyers that promulgated it.

Indiana law protects you from criminal penalties, not civil from what I understand.

Comment on Reddit:

What is this, the UK?

I didn't see anything about a non-lethal shot, just deadly force could be justified or not.

That statement is one of the anti-gunner's favorites.
    Cause they don't know what they are talking about.

Yes shooting to wound is one of their favorite, I didn't see it in that quote though.

Yep. The man died because of his own actions. Especially in the act of taking control of the officer's weapon, that's a deadly situation and she was right in doing what she did.

I didn't see where he took control of the officer's weapon, I did see where a spokesman said he was trying to.

None of the above is saying the lady wasn't justified, I honestly don't really know that much about the case.

Top Bottom