• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I finally got to pick up my DB9 from Bradis today. I ran over to MCF&G and hung some Bobcat Steel to test. I loaded some 147 and 115 grn 9mm factory and home reloads), along with some Hornady hollow point 9mm. Before I got going good, I got a call and had to leave. But before leaving, I put about 35 rounds down range. I didn't have any FTE or FTF; however I did run into one problem. When I tried to load the hollow points, the bullet jammed against the feed ranp and I had to maneuver it into the chamber.

2011-06-22_15-37-46_894.jpg

I think it's a magazine issue, but I'll call DB to see what to do about it. Other than that it is a joy to shoot, even though it's very snappy, but that's to be expected. The gun allows a very natural aim for me and it wasn't difficult to to use the sights.

2011-06-22_15-34-47_321.jpg

Simon6101 got me into a very nice leg holster that fits perfectly! Now, I just need some more range time.
    2011-06-22_22-23-15_396.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Que, FWIW, my Kahr P380 won't feed Hornady XTPs either. Not a gun problem per se, but these little itty bitty pistols have some VERY tight internal dimensions, and if a cartridge is loaded a bit long or has a bullet of a certain profile, it may be enough to cause problems. IMO, just find a self-defense round that the gun WILL feed, and drive on.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, FWIW, my Kahr P380 won't feed Hornady XTPs either. Not a gun problem per se, but these little itty bitty pistols have some VERY tight internal dimensions, and if a cartridge is loaded a bit long or has a bullet of a certain profile, it may be enough to cause problems. IMO, just find a self-defense round that the gun WILL feed, and drive on.

You should have told me that before I paid for the ammo. :laugh: Thanks for the info. I will be in tomorrow to get something that will work.:yesway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on the DB9! Great looking handgun! Looking forward to hear how the next range trip goes for you. I see that ammo issue in quite a few of the smaller pocket pistols so I would not worry too much. I have seen several that have issues with certain hollow points. Like said above, find a type it feeds reliably and you are set. Congrats again! :rockwoot:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Que, You wearing any pants or just the leg holster in that pic? :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have not looked into these much. What's the draw to this gun as opposed to a Glock other than price?

Nevermind, I checked the specs, looks like its a good bit smaller/lighter than the Glock 26.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I was down @ Bradis earlier today and am really giving one of these some thought. Very nice, small 9mm. The DB9 has a nice feel to it, the grip has a bit of a texture to it which I really liked. Bradis also has a DB380 and I sat the DB9 on top of it to compare them and the DB9 is probably only about a 1/2" longer slide than the DB380 - grip is a little longer but other than those two items, they're pretty close to the same size. Neat little pocket gun.

Top Bottom