• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I finally got to pick up my DB9 from Bradis today. I ran over to MCF&G and hung some Bobcat Steel to test. I loaded some 147 and 115 grn 9mm factory and home reloads), along with some Hornady hollow point 9mm. Before I got going good, I got a call and had to leave. But before leaving, I put about 35 rounds down range. I didn't have any FTE or FTF; however I did run into one problem. When I tried to load the hollow points, the bullet jammed against the feed ranp and I had to maneuver it into the chamber.

2011-06-22_15-37-46_894.jpg

I think it's a magazine issue, but I'll call DB to see what to do about it. Other than that it is a joy to shoot, even though it's very snappy, but that's to be expected. The gun allows a very natural aim for me and it wasn't difficult to to use the sights.

2011-06-22_15-34-47_321.jpg

Simon6101 got me into a very nice leg holster that fits perfectly! Now, I just need some more range time.
    2011-06-22_22-23-15_396.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Que, FWIW, my Kahr P380 won't feed Hornady XTPs either. Not a gun problem per se, but these little itty bitty pistols have some VERY tight internal dimensions, and if a cartridge is loaded a bit long or has a bullet of a certain profile, it may be enough to cause problems. IMO, just find a self-defense round that the gun WILL feed, and drive on.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, FWIW, my Kahr P380 won't feed Hornady XTPs either. Not a gun problem per se, but these little itty bitty pistols have some VERY tight internal dimensions, and if a cartridge is loaded a bit long or has a bullet of a certain profile, it may be enough to cause problems. IMO, just find a self-defense round that the gun WILL feed, and drive on.

You should have told me that before I paid for the ammo. :laugh: Thanks for the info. I will be in tomorrow to get something that will work.:yesway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on the DB9! Great looking handgun! Looking forward to hear how the next range trip goes for you. I see that ammo issue in quite a few of the smaller pocket pistols so I would not worry too much. I have seen several that have issues with certain hollow points. Like said above, find a type it feeds reliably and you are set. Congrats again! :rockwoot:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Que, You wearing any pants or just the leg holster in that pic? :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have not looked into these much. What's the draw to this gun as opposed to a Glock other than price?

Nevermind, I checked the specs, looks like its a good bit smaller/lighter than the Glock 26.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I was down @ Bradis earlier today and am really giving one of these some thought. Very nice, small 9mm. The DB9 has a nice feel to it, the grip has a bit of a texture to it which I really liked. Bradis also has a DB380 and I sat the DB9 on top of it to compare them and the DB9 is probably only about a 1/2" longer slide than the DB380 - grip is a little longer but other than those two items, they're pretty close to the same size. Neat little pocket gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom