• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Streamlight Stylus Pro, for items baby dropped in the floorboard, changing in the backseat at night(all my vehicles’ dope lights have been disconnected), BIG ziplocks, as mentioned. Spare shirt(for you if you have a boy).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Wrap a 12 pack with diapers, they insulate really well, and fit nicely in a diaper bag. I've heard, a big diaper bag will hold a case.

Thank me later.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Sounds like everybody else has you covered. We took EVERYTHING everywhere with kid 1. With kid 2 we always had a few diapers (more than you'd think you will need) wipes, (again, more than you'd think) plastic bags, diaper rash ointment and an extra change of clothes or two.

A diaper makes a very convenient method of off body carry for the times when you can't carry a gun on your belt.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Wow, everyone pretty much nailed everything I was going to say. I try to keep a spare shirt and jeans in my vehicles. Never happens to me with first or yet with the 2 month old, but if the baby has a diaper blow out while they are sitting on your lap...it will be on your lap. Happened to one of my wife’s friends who is a HUGE germophobe, it was hilarious!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I've been thinking recently about having another child..but after reading this thread, I'm remembering what babies are like..uhh...no thanks!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Binky guide to estimate how many children the parents have:
    First child drops binky - parent rushes to pick it up, sterilizes with heat and chemicals, or just throws it away and gets another
    Second child - rinses it off with hot water before reinserting
    Third child - wipes binky off on pants, reinserts
    Fourth child - reinserts

Last edited:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Not diaper bag related but in my experience:

Sometime before a year old your kid will probably have found a single stuffed animal, blanked or something of the like that they cannot go anywhere without. When they decide what that something is, buy multiples of that exact thing.

For my daughter it was this little blanket with a pooh head attached. When I realized that was her thing I bought a spare. Over the course of 4 years I have had to buy 2 more to replace ones that have been lost.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Congrats! Here's what mine looked like.

o0ITM3l.jpg

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We were given a pack of disposable placemats and carried them with us. Then one day we were eating out and I saw a silicone one being used by another couple and their kid. So I stopped to ask about it (wife was horrified I would interrupt someone's meal like that) and got the info. I will have to find it for you. WELL worth the money. (We hated to leave a giant mess when we ate out and this helped keep things contained). Shoot, if we can do a ftf I can probably give it to you.

As he started to eat solids, we started keeping a cup and one of those small water bottles in the bag we we always had something for him. (plus lots of food)

Instead of electronic items for the kid, try a pad of paper and crayons. We also carried a toy car and a stuffed animal. That was enough normally. Our son LOVES to look around when we eat out so (even today at 3).

ALWAYS carry spare clothes for the kid. Good story -- at church (he was not even crawling yet) we were about 10 minutes into service when we HEARD the diaper get filled. So off I went to change him. No big deal, I thought. Ummm, total blowout! I found it after I had gotten him setup in the bathroom -- and he was covered up the back! (Lesson: Should have gone into the nursery). Eventually, we got back to service in time to hear the pastor start (wife was getting worried by then). In a pause of the sermon, everyone within 3 pews heard him fill it again! I did not get to hear any more of that sermon.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've been thinking recently about having another child..but after reading this thread, I'm remembering what babies are like..uhh...no thanks!

Yeah, at this stage in my life, I've probably got fewer years until I'm a grandpa, than years since I've had a baby. Not disappointed.

Top Bottom