• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    A lot of gun owners support Dicks with their dollars. Some out of negligence, some out of greed.

Without gun owner support, would Dicks still be in business?

I would guess that they will survive although hopefully they see a large hit to their income because of this. The profit margin on a $600 AR is probably much less than $600 worth of Under Armor or Nike gear. I’m sure they sell more $30 t shirts in a business day than firearms.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How many of those folks also have a 10/22 in the closet or shoot grampa's?

Likely to the be the fudds and/or butters I referred to in my post. :). You know the ones that would say something like: "I'm a strong 2A supporter. I have a gun and I agree with the stand these retailers are taking to avoid another school shooting".

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Dick's says they will no longer sell "assault-style" rifles, nor any gun to anyone under 21.

I remember they stopped selling ARs after Sandy Hook, but apparently began selling them again in their Field & Stream stores.

Dick's Sporting Goods CEO on decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles: 'We donâ€t want to be a part of this story' - ABC News

Here is their four points from their open letter.
    I hate that they cave under pressure to people who probably don't ever do business there. However, their prices on firearms are on the high side. Their loss.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    So has anyone stepped up and offerred to purchase from Dicks the remaining inventory of the AR's they might have? If they feel they are socially unacceptable then they should really want to rid themselves of such an item.
    I agree they are not what comes to mind when thinking about a place to go to purchase a firearm. Not in the least.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not this woman. I quit shopping there a long time ago when I found out they take government money (taxpayer money) to help subsidize their stores.

I can appreciate that sentiment, but I suggest you not research any other stores that take government subsidies. Lol

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    They should just get out of firearms all together. Nobody would care.

Amen, they honestly have a ghost gun section near me. I go there to get softballs, and running shoes. Sporting goods. I didnt even know they had a gun section before all this, kinda surprised me but then realized huh Blythes in Griffith outclasses them in every aspect. But Blythes doesn't sell catchers mitts.... yet :D

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Keep in mind to that most states, when you incorporate a business the terms of incorporation are you are bound by the laws of the state you are incorporating in. So in indiana 18 is the legal age to purchase a long gun. Guess what dicks and walmart agreed to when they incorporated in Indiana?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Keep in mind to that most states, when you incorporate a business the terms of incorporation are you are bound by the laws of the state you are incorporating in. So in indiana 18 is the legal age to purchase a long gun. Guess what dicks and walmart agreed to when they incorporated in Indiana?

Well it's not like they're refusing to bake a wedding cake. Or is it? :scratch:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    I'm PRETTY sure they stopped selling AR-types long before Sandy Hook, when I was shopping for my first around 10 years ago, Dicks didn't have any then. I figured that this last announcement was nothing more than a publicity stunt, costing them no money to implement, as they had already taken the measures, but now it is PC to eliminate the AR.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    I've only shopped at Field & Stream sporadically, and never at Dick's.

A few years ago I was in the market for a new gun safe and scored a great grand opening special at the new F&S store in Columbus, OH. Normally it sold for $750 but was on sale for $499 that weekend only. I dove on it. A few weeks later I came back and bought a really nice pair of boots. I've been back in their stores a few times and while I've seen some decent sale prices, their biggest focus appears to be on clothes. I'm a big guy and they stop just short of my size. I've only made small purchases since then, a box of ammo here and there but nothing significant.

This policy move of theirs did it for me. I don't plan on going back to either F&S or Dick's. From my location in SE Indiana I can go to Bass Pro in Cincinnati or the Cabela's in West Chester. Hell, Rural King carries most of the stuff I need as well.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

This isn't even close to an accurate statement.

Top Bottom