• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    Welcome to the new world of political correctness. I watched a debate where antigun dweeb kept saying "common sense gun laws". So if you don't believe like him then you have no common sense...crazy .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welcome to the new world of political correctness. I watched a debate where antigun dweeb kept saying "common sense gun laws". So if you don't believe like him then you have no common sense...crazy .

No amount of fact/figures/reality will sway their mind set. Their entire argument is a series of Memes, talking points, sound bites and just outright lies. When all of that idiocy fails they revert to shouting and labels.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    This comment made me just shake my head:
    [FONT=&quot]"Some of those customers that buy firearms [from Dick's] buy other things also," Stack said, and those people might stop shopping at Dick's altogether if they don't agree with the retailer's new policy. "We knew this was going to happen."
    [/FONT]
    This shows how ignorant their CEO is. Yeah we buy "other things" at Dicks. Actually I don't buy much ammo or hunting items from Dicks because it's over priced. What I did (used to) buy was sporting goods equipment for my sons for baseball & football. That CEO just cost them my sporting goods $. Plus, I think Dick's stock was down 37% for the past 12 months PRIOR to their CEO making his anti-gun comments. Maybe he's trying to appeal to the anti-gun crowd since they are already hurting financially. Still a bad move by their CEO. What a clown.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This comment made me just shake my head:
    [FONT="]"Some of those customers that buy firearms [from Dick's] buy other things also," Stack said, and those people might stop shopping at Dick's altogether if they don't agree with the retailer's new policy. "We knew this was going to happen."
    [/FONT]
    This shows how ignorant their CEO is. Yeah we buy "other things" at Dicks. Actually I don't buy much ammo or hunting items from Dicks because it's over priced. What I did (used to) buy was sporting goods equipment for my sons for baseball & football. That CEO just cost them my sporting goods $. Plus, I think Dick's stock was down 37% for the past 12 months PRIOR to their CEO making his anti-gun comments. Maybe he's trying to appeal to the anti-gun crowd since they are already hurting financially. Still a bad move by their CEO. What a clown.

I think you are correct. He might think there is a large untapped market there but as stocks show he is an idiot. I have not and never will by anything firearms related from any of those stores. Cabelas is almost as bad. My spouse enjoy's some of the clothing (and it is stupid spendy) but it makes her smile so there s that but no more.

Colt1860

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2017
    Tell City
    They probably weren't making that much off of gun sales anyway as there are cheaper places to buy them and AR sales have tapered off after Obama left office. So they didn't think it would affect there bottom line much. The stupid thing for them was to announce it and make it political instead of just doing it quietly. I think internet sales are hurting all of the large brick and mortar stores.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm suddenly reminded of the kerfuffle during the RFRA debate. People were pushing so hard for businesses to put up signs about "everyone" served that some began to not visit businesses that wouldn't put up the sign. Crazy. I had always served everyone, so why would I enter into a political debate over something that wasn't an issue to begin with?

I have occasionally had bumper stickers or public statements that make my views known. Even then, I don't directly tie them to my business.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Sc—w Dicks. My last time was years ago when the idiot at check out for a couple of boxes of 12 ga shot shells asked me if I was a US citizen. I responded that I was Chinese (I’m American) and left the shells and told him to stuff it! If libtards can grant voting rights to illegal aliens why should I have to prove or say I’m a citizen of the USA to buy some shot Shells? Makes my head implode!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I forgot to mention this when the news first broke-
    My very cute, young neighbor girl (20s) had come over to visit and as we sat at the table, with a straight face she asked me a question -

"Do you know anything about dicks?"

It's rare that I'm speechless but this question really took me by surprise and everything entering my mind was not quite appropriate for her....kind of. This was just before I knew anything about Dick's not selling AR15s anymore but this IS why she was asking me. She knows I'm a gun guy.
    I kept mouthing words but nothing was coming out. She had no clue why I was just sitting there looking at her with such a doapy face and then it hit her and she looked surprised and then slowly added the words - "Uh....Dicks Sporting Goods?"

Boy was I so relieved...... and in a strange way, super disappointed. For a second there I thought my heart was going to blow a gasket.

Just thought I'd share. :n00b:

Edit- Should I send this to Penthouse?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I forgot to mention this when the news first broke-
    My very cute, young neighbor girl (20s) had come over to visit and as we sat at the table, with a straight face she asked me a question -

"Do you know anything about dicks?"

It's rare that I'm speechless but this question really took me by surprise and everything entering my mind was not quite appropriate for her....kind of. This was just before I knew anything about Dick's not selling AR15s anymore but this IS why she was asking me. She knows I'm a gun guy.
    I kept mouthing words but nothing was coming out. She had no clue why I was just sitting there looking at her with such a doapy face and then it hit her and she looked surprised and then slowly added the words - "Uh....Dicks Sporting Goods?"

Boy was I so relieved...... and in a strange way, super disappointed. For a second there I thought my heart was going to blow a gasket.

Just thought I'd share. :n00b:

Edit- Should I send this to Penthouse?

Only if it had led to her checking out your firearms!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    He sure lives up to his title - The Head of Dicks.

If your job is handling Dicks for a living, you are bound to drop a few balls along the way.

Top Bottom