• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Meh!

That was almost a daily thing back in the day up on the “Z”.

November 1987: One American soldier and two North Korean soldiers die, and one American soldier is wounded during the firefight that erupted when a North Korean security detail confronted a sniper team.

My scared 18 year old self though I was gonna die! Spent two weeks hull down manning the M2.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This may not be the best thread to post this.
    The US is withdrawing Patriot missile batteries, that are protecting oil tank farms, from Saudi Arabia. I'm not speculating that the US and Saudi Arabia are going to war. But this is a significant departure from the US traditional role of Saudi's pit bull.
    Crashing the oil market amid the covid crisis may have upset Trump a step too far.
    Strange bedfellows may result. Will Saudi make up with Russia/Iran?

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...siles-From-Saudi-Arabia-Over-Oil-Dispute.html

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oy vey.

I had not seen that.

That could be YUGE.

It could also reflect a comfort level that a war WON'T break out there, but somewhere else. Or maybe SA got Israel's tech and doesn't need us anymore.

No way to really know, at least not for awhile. But it is a compelling development.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've noticed gas prices rising quite a bit around here just in the past week. Not sure what changed, but it's gone up nearly 70 cents a gallon.

People are getting out again. They expect demand to go up, so up goes the price

That makes sense. Hadn't thought of that.

No it does not make sense considering oil prices are hovering around 25.00 a barrel, the lowest since 1998.

We should see gas prices sub 1.25 easily, just screwing the consumer over once again.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No it does not make sense considering oil prices are hovering around 25.00 a barrel, the lowest since 1998.

We should see gas prices sub 1.25 easily, just screwing the consumer over once again.

This^^^^
    There's almost 100 million barrels sitting off shore in the Gulf waiting to be offloaded but nowhere for it to go. No room.
    I was Paying $1.14 and within a week has jumped to $1.99.
    Thievery/Corporate greed

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You guys act like this is something new. Gas prices have always been this way. They spike whenever there is an anticipated increase in demand, like holiday weekends.

If it is that upsetting, you can always get an electric car.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

A LOT of processing takes place between oil in a tanker and gas in your tank. I'm not aware of that processing getting any less expensive, and in all likelihood it has gotten more expensive. The lowest low prices seen were likely desperation pricing to turn over supply already on hand and should not last when demand picks back up

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    A LOT of processing takes place between oil in a tanker and gas in your tank. I'm not aware of that processing getting any less expensive, and in all likelihood it has gotten more expensive. The lowest low prices seen were likely desperation pricing to turn over supply already on hand and should not last when demand picks back up

Here's a interesting tidbit to show you just how low wholesale gas prices are.

Key point:
    "In some sections of the Midwest on Wednesday, distributors were getting just about 10 cents for a gallon of unleaded gasoline mixed with ethanol. Prices of less than 20 cents a gallon were found in Colorado, Wisconsin, Iowa, Montana and the Dakotas, but in other parts of the country they are higher. In Los Angeles, for instance, the price was about 35 cents per gallon, according to Oil Price Information Services."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/sho...e-refinery-cutbacks-and-gasoline-under-1.html

Wholesale prices are cheaper than you think. Take beer for example, in my 30 plus years of being in that business, warm prices on major brands in liquor stores often approached +50% markup, cold was almost 100%.
    Grocery stores always sold it at nearly no profit as a loss leader to get you in the store for those impulse buys they made bu-coo profit margins on. The American consumer gets it stuck to them at every corner.

Top Bottom