Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No bake cookies and orange juice. :drool:
    Awesome!

I've exposed a few hundred people to this since I joined the Army way back in 1990, don't recall very many who didn't like it.
    I grew up eating this.

Sadly I cant eat pancakes or french toast anymore. They taste good but they just lay in my gut and I feel ill for hours afterward.

My favorites are:

PB&J (strawberry jam) and Doritoes and a MGD. GOtta spread the PB on BOTH slices. That keeps the bread from getting soggy from the jelly/jam.

Also grilled cheese on hearty rye with a couple slices of fried bacon slipped inside.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I like to add mayonnaise on barbecue, like a pulled pork sandwich or such. I also like it on French fries. Sometimes I'll just peel the lid off a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom and eat it right out of the can. I put red pepper flakes on my salad. Hot salad.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    My wife stuck maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks and what ever else she could find, along with meat, onto skewers & into baskets, took the entire mess out and grilled it with BBQ sauce...
    It is WONDERFUL!
    You wouldn't think BBQ on soggy stuff would be good, but it's great!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Home made sourdough with Braunschweiger/liverwurst, slice of onion and mayo.

Bad breath for rest of the day but worth it!!

I also like pickled herring on rye crackers.

Don

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Buckwheat pancakes topped with over-easy egg, syrup and Louisiana hot sauce. Bologna and banana sandwich. Mashed potatoes mixed with sauerkraut.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't think of any odd combos that I eat off the top my head. However a coworker of mine eats PB&J with bacon sandwiches grilled like a grilled cheese. He also doea peanut but with banana and bacon sandwiches

I don't think I could eat anything off the top of my head. Is it kinda like how some people train their dogs to balance a dog biscuit on their nose and then the dog tosses it into the air and catches it? ;)

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Plain old saltine cracker, mush up some sardines in mustard sauce and spread on the cracker and cover with a dollop of cottage cheese.

It tastes as wonderful as it sounds strange...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Another one just popped into my memory. I used to fix Ramen noodles. Then right before they were ready to eat, I'd add instant mashed potatoes to the Ramen and top it off with some shredded cheese. That would fill me up. I haven't done that in quite a few years.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Another one just popped into my memory. I used to fix Ramen noodles. Then right before they were ready to eat, I'd add instant mashed potatoes to the Ramen and top it off with some shredded cheese. That would fill me up. I haven't done that in quite a few years.

That's a popular backpacker's meal (without the shredded cheese), since Ramen and instant mashed potatoes are really lightweight to carry and it's really filling.

They call it a "Ramen Bomb", and I've heard that it tastes better than you'd think, but I've never tried it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Home made sourdough with Braunschweiger/liverwurst, slice of onion and mayo.

Bad breath for rest of the day but worth it!!

I also like pickled herring on rye crackers.

Don

I have an annual pilgrimage to WI for a braunschweiger and limburger sandwich... my wife won't kiss me for days.

It's spring now, so asparagus is coming up, and that means serving it with creamy scrambled eggs and caviar. Globally a popular combination, but not so for Indiana.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It's spring now, so asparagus is coming up, and that means serving it with creamy scrambled eggs and caviar. Globally a popular combination, but not so for Indiana.

I don't do caviar but oven roasted asparagus with a poached egg on top, light squeeze of lemon and a pinch f sale & pepper.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My Dad used to fix these all the time when I was a kid and I do it as soon as fresh tomatoes are ready to go until they're gone. Toast a piece or two of white bread, apply a nice layer of mayo, top that with a thick slice of fresh tomato then a piece of American cheese. Pop it under the broiler until the cheese brown nicely. Mmmmmm, can't wait for fresh maters!

Top Bottom