• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Does anyone have a better way to empty out the primer tube on a Dillon if you don't use all of the primers? Of course the best way is to put them in shells, but sometimes that don't work....

Only way I know is cycle the primer bar one at a time, at least I don't make 'another' mess....

Thanks

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can just leave them in the aluminum tube, that does not hurt anything. Or you can gently take the inside tube out of the holder tube and use your fingernail to gently spread the little ears on the bottom plastic piece. Hold it over a bowl or something. I have just left them in the press. When I had a " designated reloading room", I never took the presses out of service. Since I almost allways used the same load on my .45 reloader, my .38 reloader and my 12 gauge reloader, I just pulled a pillow case over the top of everything. I hardly ever went more than a couple of weeks without needing any of the presses, and I never had any trouble with that method. Since I used Titegroup powder for all three applications, even that was easy. Good luck

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    If you are talking about a 550B, I just take the two screws holding the primer tube assembly out, remove the operating rod, remove the whole assembly, and then dump the primers into the tray they came from. You can use the plastic primer follower to push out the primer that is left in the primer feed lips. If you aren't changing primer sizes, then you can put the assembly back on. It only takes a minute.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    the only reason i ever have to pull the 2 screws and dump all leftover primers is to change from to small from large primers and visa versa. i dont reload any rifle brass on my 550 so switching from 44 to 45 is no brainer but 9's gotta dump cause its the only small one i load.....daryll

Top Bottom