• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Directv since 1994. I was one of the original dealers for the RCA equipment. You will never have more than 1 dish with Directv...cant say that with DISH. Directv has all the best orbital slots, and KA band technology. No DISH farm in my roof.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    DirecTv here. One dish, NFL Ticket, plenty of Hd. And I might as well throw this out, if you go direct IM me and we can both save a hundred bucks. :D

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Looks like Dish has a slight edge. I am a pretty big football fan, but Warsaw doesn't even have a Direct TV office.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like Dish has a slight edge. I am a pretty big football fan, but Warsaw doesn't even have a Direct TV office.
    It looks like dish has most of the popular HD channels now. A couple years ago that wasn't the case. You should still check to see if Dish offers your local channels in HD. I know it's not uncommon to still need an antenna for HD locals with Dish. My parent's have been with DirecTV for almost 10 years now with little complaint. You don't need an office, just a guy with a dish and a truck to do the install. You can pretty much take the dish and receiver anywhere in the country and get service if you line it up properly. Just make sure whatever provider you choose has the content you want in the format you want. All the services are pretty equal when working. Everything gets hammered when not working.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    We flip-flopped from dish to directv and back once our contract expired to take advantage of the cheaper "new customer" rates for a little bit until we switched permanently to antenna tv. Can't say I noticed a difference between the two.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I have Direct. Great HD. The problem is price. It's way expensive. 2 hd receivers, DVR, Choice plus I think and HBO. $130/month. I was going to switch to Dish, but no AMC means no Walking Dead. I'm really rural so I can't stream internet or i'd just stream the show. Bummer, but if you want it you gotta pay the price.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have Direct. Great HD. The problem is price. It's way expensive. 2 hd receivers, DVR, Choice plus I think and HBO. $130/month. I was going to switch to Dish, but no AMC means no Walking Dead. I'm really rural so I can't stream internet or i'd just stream the show. Bummer, but if you want it you gotta pay the price.
    Dish has AMC. I DVR'ed the last season. Lots of providers have been stiffed by the networks at one time or another. Dish at least had the fortitude to stick up for their customers. I only missed two episodes of WD and I torrented those. Screw AMC or anyone else who tries to hold up the providers.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm in the business.... I have seen so many hack installs with dish I lost count. I don't know if its still true but for a while for dish there is a separate dish for HD.

Direc angles their dish up a bit more so they tend to work better in wooded areas.

On the flip side a friend of mine had direct installed by multi band.... It was suck a hack install that she had two supervisors go out and re do it.

Regardless if who you go with I would insist on an employee of the company to do the install... The contract guys get paid per job.....

Also make sure you ask the tech to show you what all needs done before he grabs his drill... You can also have them put a post in the ground so that the dish is not on the house.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Dish has AMC. I DVR'ed the last season. Lots of providers have been stiffed by the networks at one time or another. Dish at least had the fortitude to stick up for their customers. I only missed two episodes of WD and I torrented those. Screw AMC or anyone else who tries to hold up the providers.
    They must have gotten it since I checked. I know it was before this last season. I am going to have to look into it again. I wish I had the bandwidth to dl the shows and I wouldn't even have HBO. Thanks for the info on AMC. It's appreciated.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We flip-flopped from dish to directv and back once our contract expired to take advantage of the cheaper "new customer" rates for a little bit until we switched permanently to antenna tv. Can't say I noticed a difference between the two.

:+1:for antenna tv! Dumped Direct a few years ago when times got tough. Never had anything other than the Antenna since 2008. I don't miss it like I thought I would. I just cant see paying that much for the shows I want to watch (The Sportsman Channel)

Maybe sometime in the future.

Top Bottom