• ...and so much more!
  • kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    Anyone ever carry at Disney world?
    Ill be goin down there for vacation in a month and wondered what security at the gate was like and whether I can CC there
    I'm pretty sure it is legal with my indiana liscense, I just wasn't sure if they had wands and metal detectors at the gate

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Last time I was there I didn't notice detectors, but that was a few years ago and I didn't carry back then.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A few years ago, they had wands but were using them randomly, they were looking in bags that were being brought in. Not illegal to carry there but for as much as I spent on tickets for the whole family I wasn't going to **** it away by getting thrown out.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    We went in October 2012, and there were no wands at the gate the three days we went to the MK park. They only looked in my wife's purse and that's it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Was there last fall. No wands at that time. Cursory search of bags only, I could have easily worn one in. Maybe they have gotten tighter since you know, the recent dumbassery.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I was just there last week. No metal detectors and they don't wand people or pat them down. They simply search bags, purses and backpacks. However, you might want to checck their policy, then also check Fl law to see if there is any weight of law for business poolicies, just to be safe. And yes, Fl honors IN license, as do Ky, Tn, and Ga. I cc'd my whole trip, but didn't carry in Disney because I wasn't sure if they searched at the gate.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The wanding is fairly new. Earlier this winter they were still just checking bags. I carried every day last time I was there. 4 parks and 1 water park (locker).

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was just there a month and a half ago. Went to 4 different parks. They have everyone carrying a bag to go through a bag check station. Bag checks are pretty cursory. Everyone else heads straight to the entry gates. I didn't see anyone with a wand anywhere. It would be easy to get in the park with a concealed pistol.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    We were there last Summer.
    I feel pretty safe there since, according to friends who've worked there, Security is unbelievably vigilant.
    Much of what happens at Disney is an illusion.
    Even the illusion of lax security.
    You're on camera at all times.
    And no employees are allowed to carry firearms.
    Except the employees who carry firearms. (CC);)

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    care to elaborate?

I will for him :D

I once went on a ride that I didn't know went upside down. Lost my hat and everything that was in my pockets. Make sure your gun doesn't fly out of your pants!! I didn't carry back then, so I didn't lose a gun :D but I think it's something people should be aware of.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    I will for him :D

I once went on a ride that I didn't know went upside down. Lost my hat and everything that was in my pockets. Make sure your gun doesn't fly out of your pants!!

...mmmm....very good point
    could you imagine the conversation between a couple employees who clean up the regularly escalating pile of change and hats from park guests and they find a gun..."look i found a canadian quarter!"...."Look i found a gun!"

Top Bottom