• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I still laugh at the lib-mobiles driving down the road with the countless stickers on their trashy car. Occasionally I find the ones that are REALLY out there, like the 9/11 truthers.

I only recently put a small NRA badge on my car. I'm alright with it. A month or so ago I heard a woman at the office saying something quietly to a co-worker, and it ended with "... like mr. NRA guy over there..."

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    I still laugh at the lib-mobiles driving down the road with the countless stickers on their trashy car. Occasionally I find the ones that are REALLY out there, like the 9/11 truthers.

I only recently put a small NRA badge on my car. I'm alright with it. A month or so ago I heard a woman at the office saying something quietly to a co-worker, and it ended with "... like mr. NRA guy over there..."

Almost all the outward reactions to my big stickers are positive. Some people drive around me honking their thumbs up. You can tell the ones that don't like them. They are the ones making funny faces I look in my rearview mirror.

I guess the only real negative was that someone almost rear-ended me at a stoplight one day. They must've been looking at the stickers.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    One thing to remember when placing a bunch of stickers on a car is that you become a representative of that organization. I've seen a few stickers on the cars of people who did not represent the organization very well. On the other hand, I've seen some who have encouraged me to further investigate their interest or passion.

That's the truth, I used to have a Ron Paul 2012 on my car and had to remind myself to be a courteous driver. If it was going to leave an impression on at least one person I didn't want it to be of the a** that couldn't take the extra few seconds to let them out.

That being said from here on out I think I'll just get an updated 'oligarchy' sticker every presidential election.

oligarchy.png

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........ I go as far as to have the dealership remove their sticker and all the other badges on the car.

I remove all dealer lettering and plates. I can't stand them. Along with warning stickers on my motorcycle. :n00b:

The only sticker currently on my truck is an INGO sticker.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :n00b: who? I am guessing either minor league hockey or an all girls roller derby

No. Their football team could probably be beaten by most girls' roller derby teams I've seen. :laugh:

I guess I advertise when I OC.

Now, I did wonder about how many folks that OC don't put any sort of stickers or signs on their vehicles.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    OCing Gun Stickers just means you'll be the first one shot during a rolling gun battle :D

That said, I have Two INGO decals and an Appleseed Sticker on my back glass. (Never, Ever, on paint or chrome) 'cause I just don't shiv a git.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    OCing Gun Stickers just means you'll be the first one shot during a rolling gun battle :D

That said, I have Two INGO decals and an Appleseed Sticker on my back glass. (Never, Ever, on paint or chrome) 'cause I just don't shiv a git.

I shiv gits all the time, sometimes two.:lmfao:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have a couple of small stickers on my car, but to each his own.

One thing to remember when placing a bunch of stickers on a car is that you become a representative of that organization. I've seen a few stickers on the cars of people who did not represent the organization very well. On the other hand, I've seen some who have encouraged me to further investigate their interest or passion.

Your first example is the reason I no longer put stickers on my vehicles (except for AAA); I wasn't always the best example for the causes I espoused. These days, I just don't advertise on my vehicles. Of course, I wear my INGO patches and American Flag patch and other morale patches, but those who don't agree with my expressed sentiments can take their anger out on me - not on my innocent car.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't put my son's baseball or my daughters cheerleading decal on our cars so I am sure as :poop: not doing any advertising for other causes that I choose to financially support. I also remove any car dealers names from any vehicle that I purchase. I do not do political yard signs because I have a general dislike for most all politicians. I am also a firm believer that the tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut. Drawing unnecessary attention to oneself is rarely a good idea.

A source of contention in our house is the small yard signs that the athletic department at our school gives to athletes to put out in their yards. I have allowed the baseball sign to be placed in a flower bed right by our front door, but have not put up the daughters cheer sign. My wife viewed this as my denial of cheerleading being an equal sporting endeavor as baseball(which it's obviously not:rolleyes:). I explained to her that is not the case. The baseball sign tells anyone approaching the front door that a strapping young man who knows how to use a baseball bat lives here. The cheerleading sign says that an attractive young girl lives here. What anyone who viewed these signs would not know is that they have far more to fear from the cheerleader. She is a much better shot and being a teenaged girl, is just plain mean. Putting that cheer sign up would be tantamount to entrapment should some creaper show up with bad intentions.

My daughter is still too young for all of that, but my wife and I have already begun discussing such things. However - we'll probably go so far as to just put up generic athletic signs vs. anything sport specific - "to be fair".

Especially don't want any kind of "cheerleading + a name" stickers on the vehicles. Here, Mr. Pervert - follow me home to my cheerleader daughter Haley!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I only have an INGO sticker. A friend of mine who used to live in Seattle had a NRA sticker on his truck and found his windows broken and **** THE NRA keyed into his hood.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I only have an INGO sticker. A friend of mine who used to live in Seattle had a NRA sticker on his truck and found his windows broken and **** THE NRA keyed into his hood.

In a more gun friendly area, I suppose the thought of getting caught by an armed vehicle owner might tend to discourage people from doing stupid **** like that. But in Seattle, that's probably not much of a concern.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    ive always been wary of the bumper sticker stuff...just cause i cant always have an eye on my car....now as far as shirts, hats, and vocalizing my beliefs? im all for that....love seeing guys in ingo shirts...last time was at the star wars exhibit in indy...he was there with his family, so i didnt bother him, but it was good to see him, and know there are like minded people out there

sfehrman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Greenwood
    What is an Appleseed Sticker?

Also while we are talking about stickers on cars, I saw two vehicles this morning with the same stickers on them (I am pretty sure they had the same owner, both leaving the house together) anyway one was a "Keep Calm and Chive on" the other was this:
    fbc-white.jpg

The website that had this for sale was paintball related, but didnt say anything about what it stood for or meant.
    Does anyone know?
    Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Personally, I only put stickers on the glass. easier to scrape off, doesnt leave a rectangle of un-faded paint, etc. Funny story...

I have a bumper sticker that on the left says:
    PEACE
    Through superior firepower

On the right there is what looks like a peace symbol with the circle being red and the inside is black. Upon closer inspection, the black is actually the silhouette of a B-52.

I was tooling along on the way to work one day on a busy 4 lane city street. Im going slightly over the speed limit. I slow down to make my right turn, turn on my signal early,etc. Nothing to **** somebody off. All of the sudden I hear frantic honking, and look in the rear view to see a young lady giving me double middle fingers, etc. As I approach the turn she zooms around me and continues to yell and scream out her window at me (I couldnt understand as my windows were up)

I was totally dumbfounded as to what I could have done. I stopped wondering when I saw the entire back end of her beater was COVERED in left wing peacenik bumper stickers. Apparently she realized what my bumper sticker meant and wasnt pleased.

I swear I could smell BO and Patchouli as she drove past.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Personally, I only put stickers on the glass. easier to scrape off, doesnt leave a rectangle of un-faded paint, etc. Funny story...

I have a bumper sticker that on the left says:
    PEACE
    Through superior firepower

On the right there is what looks like a peace symbol with the circle being red and the inside is black. Upon closer inspection, the black is actually the silhouette of a B-52.

I was tooling along on the way to work one day on a busy 4 lane city street. Im going slightly over the speed limit. I slow down to make my right turn, turn on my signal early,etc. Nothing to **** somebody off. All of the sudden I hear frantic honking, and look in the rear view to see a young lady giving me double middle fingers, etc. As I approach the turn she zooms around me and continues to yell and scream out her window at me (I couldnt understand as my windows were up)

I was totally dumbfounded as to what I could have done. I stopped wondering when I saw the entire back end of her beater was COVERED in left wing peacenik bumper stickers. Apparently she realized what my bumper sticker meant and wasnt pleased.

I swear I could smell BO and Patchouli as she drove past.

last sentence literally made me lol

Top Bottom