• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Curious how far most if you guys travel for training and instruction opportunity. Been watching the training forum for awhile now and feel like a lot of these are really far away!

Thanks.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Curious how far most if you guys travel for training and instruction opportunity. Been watching the training forum for awhile now and feel like a lot of these are really far away!

Thanks.

Really? I'd say the postings here on INGO are mostly local to Indiana.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've only attended one training session, so far; however, it was 10 minutes away from my home, on the south side of Indianapolis.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have travelled to Boone Co. several times for some of the best training available. I would have travelled much farther for the training I was able to receive there.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Closest drive I had was 20 minutes, for both days. It was a 2-day class.

The farthest was about an hour and 10 minutes.

It's easy finding classes that are close. And it's easier to find classes that are a long way.

You just need to figure out how bad you want/need the classes. You'll find them ;)

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Heck, most guys will come to you if you have a large enough class size, a suitable training location, and pay them enough cash to make it worth their while.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I'm probably a bad example - while living in Indy, I've gone to Rochester, IN (going back next month), near Detroit, Mississippi, New Hampshire and Arizona for training events.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm a Legacy Lifetime member at Front Sight - outside of Vegas. I'v also been to Gunsite - in Paulden, Arizona.

Most of my students in the NRA courses that I teach in Indy are from central Indiana, although I've had folks drive in from Southern Indiana - Evansville, etc.

I've also traveled to NWI (the Cabela's in Hammond) to teach my Indiana Gun Law course.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I'm a Legacy Lifetime member at Front Sight - outside of Vegas. I'v also been to Gunsite - in Paulden, Arizona.

Most of my students in the NRA courses that I teach in Indy are from central Indiana, although I've had folks drive in from Southern Indiana - Evansville, etc.

I've also traveled to NWI (the Cabela's in Hammond) to teach my Indiana Gun Law course.

Doing this again any time soon?!?

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    pretty wide variety of responses, but seems overall that folks go as far as they need to.

I'm about an hour south of fort wayne. Haven't seen much on here closer than warsaw. Could probably do something like that, just need to put my planning cap on better.

Thanks for the input.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I walk downstairs to my man cave. Videos on the big screen, snapping in targets, high speed internet, fridge, force on force training with my wife, I am well trained. ;)

Seriously, I will travel at least a couple of hours more if it is really good one I can't find locally.

Top Bottom