• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I have been thinking about a Sig for a bit. Funny I have bought 2 over the years and had never shot either before selling. I am thinking about a Legion 229 or 226 but with the Romo sight. Anyone know if that is the RMR footprint too? I could also have someone just mill the slide for an RMR on something too I guess. Leaning toward the P229 I think but man everyone is out of stock for me to pick up and hold so looks like another best guess online order.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure some will disagree.
    But I've had a basic Nitron finish Sig P229 .357 Sig for 6-7 years, and I really like it.
    I like the .357 Sig round, and Underwood makes some great loads.
    I also got a spare .40 SW barrel that can be just swapped in and go.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Be careful, the older sig legions only have 2 holes, they are drilled for sig Romeo pro or delta point pro, the newer slides have 4 holes, one set for Romeo pro and one for rmr
    But don’t let that stop you from buying a legion, springer precision makes a plate that will fit multiple dots

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Sig Sauer's are excellent pistols...no doubt about it...their quality is tops in the industry!
    The question is, do you 'need' a Sig Sauer...or do you just 'want' a Sig Sauer very badly?
    A lot depends on how you want your set-up to fit and function!
    Me, personally, I would love to have a Sig Sauer, but would prefer to have on in their SAO 1911 platform,
    just not in their conventional DA/SA trigger pull as that is not a trigger set-up that I have ever been comfortable with.
    To each their own...and good luck with it! Enjoy!

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Good to know. I am keeping an eye out for one. I will need to check the holes I guess since I would prefer another sight option in case I did not like the one that comes with it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sig Sauer's are excellent pistols...no doubt about it...their quality is tops in the industry!
    The question is, do you 'need' a Sig Sauer...or do you just 'want' a Sig Sauer very badly?
    A lot depends on how you want your set-up to fit and function!
    Me, personally, I would love to have a Sig Sauer, but would prefer to have on in their SAO 1911 platform,
    just not in their conventional DA/SA trigger pull as that is not a trigger set-up that I have ever been comfortable with.
    To each their own...and good luck with it! Enjoy!

They do offer SAO triggers in the P226/P229 lineup BTW. I had a P226 Legion SAO and it was a very sweet shooter.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I fell into the Sig rabbit hole last fall and it’s now all that I carry. My EDC is either a P229 Legion or a P226 both in .40. Legions are nice but you can upgrade non-Legions to the same level with drop in parts. You won’t save much money going that route though.

P226s in .40 are supposed to be able to run a factory 9mm barrel just fine but I have not tried that yet. An Elite gets you a long way towards the Legion territory.
    57138acddc6fb36523df125eb58fd5b8.jpg

ab1ea57d06b5db523954d6b39a37a562.jpg

Last edited:

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So while looking on Gunbroker I see some Sig Legions that have a flat style trigger and some that have a curved trigger. They are both listed as new so am I missing something here?

Top Bottom