• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Weren't there headlines this week about Death Valley possibly reaching the highest temperature ever recorded on Earth?

I respect the drive but, dang. I draw the line at hiking above my body temp.
    I forgot to add to my post. He was hiking alone. SMH.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I’m sure there was a headline saying that, but, do you believe it?

Not that the climate change/global warming/transgender/vaccine/hillary/epstein media would lie, but?
    I believe it. That seems to be something I see regularly around here in summer. Some of the runners like to get out in the hottest part of the day for their runs. Heat index over 100, here they come up the road. Leaving a trail of sweat, tongue dragging the road. Must be a sort of bragging right for those types, look at me I hiked Death Valley during record heat...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I believe it. That seems to be something I see regularly around here in summer. Some of the runners like to get out in the hottest part of the day for their runs. Heat index over 100, here they come up the road. Leaving a trail of sweat, tongue dragging the road. Must be a sort of bragging right for those types, look at me I hiked Death Valley during record heat...
    It's the same as people who run in the snow and rain. It's a whole complex.

Oh well. Just like what happened to me, their bodies will declare enough is enough one day.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Speaking of climate change. LOL

View attachment 288878
    Hasn't the climate been changing for a loooooong time?

It is my belief that climate change started 400,000 years ago when humans, or a version thereof, first learned to use fire
    in a controlled manner and their campfires were the cause of all this ice melting about 15,000 years ago. It just took
    awhile since there weren't that many campfires. I mean look at all this ice. Indiana was covered. Purple as you think required.

glacial_maximum_map2.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not to mention doing it in heavily car trafficed areas. When I see that, I call them smoggers.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Why is it people think it’s ok to use other people’s property?

I don't think people have a clue about property lines anymore. We have a good neighbor w/ nearly 200 acres of woods, who has miles of looping trails. He had some young people out running quads and having a ball on the trails...but one ventured up across the property line and into our woods because he thought our trail looked more challenging. Um, yes. It was challenging but it was not on property he was given permission to be on... He came to an abrupt stop when he saw IndyJohn OC'ing an 'evil black tool' and standing in the middle of the lane.

For the 71 yr old hiker who passed away in extreme heat, wow. If only they could have NAMED that area something that could have conveyed the appropriate level of danger. Something like 'Danger Valley' or 'Deathly Trail' :facepalm: Nothing too obvious but ya know, something that indicates danger.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hasn't the climate been changing for a loooooong time?

It is my belief that climate change started 400,000 years ago when humans, or a version thereof, first learned to use fire
    in a controlled manner and their campfires were the cause of all this ice melting about 15,000 years ago. It just took
    awhile since there weren't that many campfires. I mean look at all this ice. Indiana was covered. Purple as you think required.

View attachment 288905
    Kinda think ya missed the joke. Granted there is no scale, but lets just say the centerpoint of that spike covers August 6 and August 9 of 1945. One man made heat spike on each day at around 6,000 degrees Fahrenheit. And radiation. Lots of atomic radiation.
    Lets just say the heat was so bad the Japanese surrendered. LOL

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    For a 71 year old guy...his wisdom killed him. Or lack there of. Death Valley huh? Good luck dumbxxx. Why would somebody take a hike in 100 degree heat?
    When it hits 90's and humid, you are at risk. Throw in some Canadian Smoke/smog, stay indoors.
    Tough guy...dead now guy.
    Dress cool, pack your CCW, and hit the Mall. Same threats. Maybe do lunch. Stay cool.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Addendum.
    Kinda think ya missed the joke. Granted there is no scale, but lets just say the centerpoint of that spike covers August 6 and August 9 of 1945. One man made heat spike on each day at around 6,000 degrees Fahrenheit. And radiation. Lots of atomic radiation.
    Lets just say the heat was so bad the Japanese surrendered. LOL
    No, I got it. I was responding to overall climate change.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why is it people think it’s ok to use other people’s property?
    I think a lot of people's perspective only goes as far as the end of their nose. I also think alot of these folks don't "own" or take pride in anything and don't understand that others do.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I used to live in a subdivision and my property was a perfect place to put signs. The problem is, very few people would ask, so I would remove the sign from my yard and set it in the street. The second time, I would throw it away. I had one "neighbor" catch me as I was putting their sign in the street.

"Why are you taking my sign down?"
    "The better question is, why are you putting your sign in MY yard without permission?"
    "What about that other sign?"
    "They asked first, so it can stay."
    "Can I put my sign in your yard?"
    "Nope, you didn't ask first."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom