• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ended up just running it as delivered. I pulled the slide and gave it a quick once over, but there just are not that many parts in a Glock to scrutinize so it only took a couple of minutes. She's a good runner. Brass goes just where I want brass to go and other than the sights, it's going to be good to go with just a bit more shooting to get the feel of it. I'm running this one with the medium beaver tail extension and it feels good to me that way.

Other than the sights, I'll probably just undercut the trigger guard just a tad. Nothing more will get done to this one other than shoot it a bunch.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Congrats on the new gun 88. Which one did you get? And I don't clean them them until after I get them dirty. It's perfection!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Glock: clean and lubricate every 5,000 rounds
    M&P: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds.
    XD: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds
    Sig: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds
    H&K: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds
    1911: Throw it in the trash. That thing is crap.

:D

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Glocks have a copper colored lubricant that, per Glock manual, is to aide in break in.

So, right out of the box...shoot it. Id inspect first, though.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Glock: clean and lubricate every 5,000 rounds
    M&P: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds.
    XD: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds
    Sig: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds
    H&K: Clean and lubricate after every 1000 rounds
    1911: Throw it in the trash. That thing is crap.

:D

Direct me to your trash please. "One man's treasures....."

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new gun 88. Which one did you get? And I don't clean them them until after I get them dirty. It's perfection!

I picked up a Gen 4 G23 from USDS today. I made the mistake of selling my Gen 3 G23 a couple of weeks ago and decided to fix that mistake. My old one was sitting right at the 2200 round mark and just felt nice and smooth in all ways. I need to bring the new one up to that level of smoothness through round count. Time to fire up the reloading press.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You LUBE Glocks?

Yeah, in the "hot spots" and not with a bunch of junk either. Just a bit, I use a bit of ballistol from time to time between cleanings but mainly the battle born stuff on the rails, barrel, and a couple key places they tell you to throw a drop or two. Little bit goes a long way. The grease seems to stay put on the rails and where the trigger bar comes into the firing pin safety. I use their one applicator for a few things in the frame or just some ballistol on springs and things.
    Then most of the time instead of "cleaning it" it'll get a wiped down and have more lube applied before ever just stripping it down per say of all the lube and junk and really cleaning it. I use the same grease on AR and AK bolts instead of white lithium much anymore too. I've ask a glock armorer if I could be over lubing and he said what I was doing was perfect and to just add one little thing so I did and it's just how I do it now. Def not over thinking it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    See I was under the impression that you just took them out of the box and ran them till they didnt work at which point you just toss the thing and get another one? The second option is for cool kids only and involves replacing literally every single part on the Glock in order to improve upon "perfection" like some of Agency Arms offerings (though I can hardly say taking a mill to a slide and a soldering iron to plastic is gunsmithing :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See I was under the impression that you just took them out of the box and ran them till they didnt work at which point you just toss the thing and get another one? The second option is for cool kids only and involves replacing literally every single part on the Glock in order to improve upon "perfection" like some of Agency Arms offerings (though I can hardly say taking a mill to a slide and a soldering iron to plastic is gunsmithing :rockwoot:

:lmfao:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I can get on board with bashing some of the agency arms and the like out there. The only reason it doesn't make sense to me is that you aren't doing anything but changing the looks half of the time. And if you are changing out all of the parts I feel like you don't have a Glock and the reliability everyone raves about when it comes to them. But that's just my opinion there are people that know way more than I do who have aftermarket triggers and everything else done to them. All of the milling and stuff looks cool sometimes but functionally it's a waste of money and doesn't make the gun shoot any better I don't think. Agreed on the gunsmithing comment as well. It's no different than changing the parts on an AR or something.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I can get on board with bashing some of the agency arms and the like out there. The only reason it doesn't make sense to me is that you aren't doing anything but changing the looks half of the time. And if you are changing out all of the parts I feel like you don't have a Glock and the reliability everyone raves about when it comes to them. But that's just my opinion there are people that know way more than I do who have aftermarket triggers and everything else done to them. All of the milling and stuff looks cool sometimes but functionally it's a waste of money and doesn't make the gun shoot any better I don't think. Agreed on the gunsmithing comment as well. It's no different than changing the parts on an AR or something.

qREEWTLh.jpg

You mean people shouldnt be licking Agency's boots in order for the privilege of joining the cool kids club and paying them $800 for about 15 minutes of tooling time and a cerakote job?!?!?! What a deal all the instagram nerds rejoiced they even have the privilege of having to supply their own slides for that paltry sum of $800

I get wanting to have your gun customized and whatnot , but this Glock crap is getting ridiculous. My hand fit tool steel hammer and sear for my Custom Springfield Operator only cost like $360 and that was including parts and installation! Their frame stippling is $300, thats what it cost to have 25LPI front strap checkering literally hand filed into my 1911, that takes talent; any braindead monkey with a hot poker can do stippling on a glock frame!!

Sorry my rant is over, night everyone!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    qREEWTLh.jpg

You mean people shouldnt be licking Agency's boots in order for the privilege of joining the cool kids club and paying them $800 for about 15 minutes of tooling time and a cerakote job?!?!?! What a deal all the instagram nerds rejoiced they even have the privilege of having to supply their own slides for that paltry sum of $800

I get wanting to have your gun customized and whatnot , but this Glock crap is getting ridiculous. My hand fit tool steel hammer and sear for my Custom Springfield Operator only cost like $360 and that was including parts and installation! Their frame stippling is $300, thats what it cost to have 25LPI front strap checkering literally hand filed into my 1911, that takes talent; any braindead monkey with a hot poker can do stippling on a glock frame!!

Sorry my rant is over, night everyone!

If you make a niche for yourself exploit it. If the boys want to send you money take it.

Top Bottom