• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My last new Glock wouldn't run out of the box. Trigger wouldn't reset. Nice single shot Glock.

Yep. Buddy of mine called me the other day upset because he and his SO bought a Glock 19 gen 5 and took it right over to the range to shoot it. They had all kinds of issues with malfunctions. Took it home and cleaned/lubed it and haven't had an issue since. I'll stick with my method of cleaning/lubing every gun I buy before I run it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You mean people shouldnt be licking Agency's boots in order for the privilege of joining the cool kids club and paying them $800 for about 15 minutes of tooling time and a cerakote job?!?!?! What a deal all the instagram nerds rejoiced they even have the privilege of having to supply their own slides for that paltry sum of $800

I get wanting to have your gun customized and whatnot , but this Glock crap is getting ridiculous. My hand fit tool steel hammer and sear for my Custom Springfield Operator only cost like $360 and that was including parts and installation! Their frame stippling is $300, thats what it cost to have 25LPI front strap checkering literally hand filed into my 1911, that takes talent; any braindead monkey with a hot poker can do stippling on a glock frame!!

Sorry my rant is over, night everyone!

Yeah, there is a stigma there with instagram you are not kidding! When it comes to stippling though I think that some people doing stipple work are indeed talented and there is *some* stuff out there that is very impressive. I am admittedly a Glock lover. I don't even own a 1911 *gasp* but that's because when I buy one it'll be a nice one and right now I can get 3+ glocks for that money honestly, plus it wouldn't get nearly as much use as what I'd be paying for it. I'd never carry it probably, but I do want a well made one. One day I'll have one. But the Glock stuff is just so over the top with people spending more money on the gun post buying it then they did actually buying it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for the responses. They kind of are all over the place in how people treat the new weapon. I've always been one to clean, inspect and lube a gun before shooting it but after bringing the new G23 home yesterday, started thinking about the difference in a new Glock and most other guns. Most pistols I've bought new are pretty well soaked in preservative and that needs cleaned off before you take the blaster out for it's first shoot. But, Glock seems to indicate by the use of the copper paste that they don't expect you to clean the gun before you take it out. That dab of copper paste tells me that the factory is expecting you to pull it out of the box, inspect, load and shoot.

Still, it's fun to hear everyone's take on how they handle brand new pistols.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    qREEWTLh.jpg

You mean people shouldnt be licking Agency's boots in order for the privilege of joining the cool kids club and paying them $800 for about 15 minutes of tooling time and a cerakote job?!?!?! What a deal all the instagram nerds rejoiced they even have the privilege of having to supply their own slides for that paltry sum of $800

I get wanting to have your gun customized and whatnot , but this Glock crap is getting ridiculous. My hand fit tool steel hammer and sear for my Custom Springfield Operator only cost like $360 and that was including parts and installation! Their frame stippling is $300, thats what it cost to have 25LPI front strap checkering literally hand filed into my 1911, that takes talent; any braindead monkey with a hot poker can do stippling on a glock frame!!

Sorry my rant is over, night everyone!

Is it me, or does that Glock look like someone tried really hard to make it look like a CZ P10C but just kept cutting and cutting.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Agency Arms Pffffft.. I know a guy that put over 3000 rounds through one, returned it to AA once in the process and it came back as unreliable as it was from the start. AA finally offered to replace the pistol but he hasn't received the replacement yet.. I've never built a Glock that didn't function flawlessly but I always start with a Glock frame and use ZEV slides. Reliability seems to go out the window with the aftermarket frames. On a side note, witnessed a guy at the range a couple of weeks ago with a Glock that had issues with going back into battery every third or fourth shot. I mentioned to the guy that maybe his RSA was worn out but he informed me that it was an 80% frame and he had built it himself. Now I know why they call them 80% frames, they work about 80% of the time. LOL..

5 shots at 7 yards, figured I should quit while I was ahead :)

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] [/FONT]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like some of the Zev stuff. Their slides are done well. Sadly they've got the patent on 4 posts for rmr cuts which is why you see everyone else with 2 or none though. I have shot some of the 80% friends have and they worked great. I was also in a pistol class that shot 8-900 rounds over the course of two days and two guys in it brought 80% lower glocks to basically run hard and see how they'd do. Neither one had to reach for a back up and they both seemed to run like champs from what I saw.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Why do Glocks need upgrades to work? the only thing my CZ's need to work is ANY KIND of 9mm ammo. No restrictions on lead, steel cases etc. Are the boxes marked "Some assembly required?"

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why do Glocks need upgrades to work? the only thing my CZ's need to work is ANY KIND of 9mm ammo. No restrictions on lead, steel cases etc. Are the boxes marked "Some assembly required?"

They don't. In fact, most of the time when you see malfunctions, its because someone got the bright idea to do some upgrades that didn't need to be done. Sights and Vickers mag release (in the Gen 4's) is all I generally touch (and those items are preference), except in the case of certain era pistols that provided some brass to the face.

You seem to post just to get a rise out of folks. By the way, seems like CZ's get a lot of upgrades... or Cajun GunWorks wouldn't be around. Upgrades being available is indicative of a platform that is followed by enthusiasts.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Agency Arms Pffffft.. I know a guy that put over 3000 rounds through one, returned it to AA once in the process and it came back as unreliable as it was from the start. AA finally offered to replace the pistol but he hasn't received the replacement yet.. I've never built a Glock that didn't function flawlessly but I always start with a Glock frame and use ZEV slides. Reliability seems to go out the window with the aftermarket frames. On a side note, witnessed a guy at the range a couple of weeks ago with a Glock that had issues with going back into battery every third or fourth shot. I mentioned to the guy that maybe his RSA was worn out but he informed me that it was an 80% frame and he had built it himself. Now I know why they call them 80% frames, they work about 80% of the time. LOL..

5 shots at 7 yards, figured I should quit while I was ahead :)

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp] [/FONT]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

That is one sweet looking gun Charlie!psyko

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok Charlie, you have started me thinking about a custom Glock build now. That pistol you posted above really looks good and from the target shot you posted, shoots even better. What are we talking about in terms of a custom Glock? Where do you find Glock OEM frames that don't have the rest of the Glock attached to them? Are you using an aftermarket barrel also? It really looks like a fun project for sometime this coming summer.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So many 80% frames out there that dealers are splitting the guns up, selling complete upper for 4-450 and then the frames in the neighborhood of 150 so they make more on the gun that selling complete. PM me and I can give you a couple of places that just sell frames, some bare and some complete. the guy I got my frame from even included the matching box. Bare ZEV slide because I've found that factory Glock internals perform better for me than any aftermarket gadgets, even ZEV parts. Justin at Personal weapons development did the stippling. His prices are reasonable and he IS an artist. It does have an aftermarket barrel but honestly I can get the same accuracy at 7 yards out of a factory barrel.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    What I carry every day is a, out of the box 19C with a Delta point pro and trigger work. Reliability was never an issue with any Glock I've owned. I wanted a really nice Glock and didn't want to pay 2500 for an agency or Salient. I have half what a "big" name Glock would have cost in it including the Delta point. I've handled and shot pistols from ZEV, Agency and Salient and I was disappointed in all of them, price as well as the product. Just wanted build something exactly like I wanted without breaking the bank that suited me. Mechanically it's no more or less reliable than a out of the box Glock. It's a little lighter and it may be a little more accurate that a factory Glock but at the distances I shoot it's a moot point. My goal was to have something that fit my hand and suited ME perfectly and in my mind I've achieved that.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok Charlie, you have started me thinking about a custom Glock build now. That pistol you posted above really looks good and from the target shot you posted, shoots even better. What are we talking about in terms of a custom Glock? Where do you find Glock OEM frames that don't have the rest of the Glock attached to them? Are you using an aftermarket barrel also? It really looks like a fun project for sometime this coming summer.

Gunbroker you can Buy a complete gen3 frame for less than $100.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Please inspect any new firearm for a barrel obstruction at least before firing for the first time. You do not want any surprises.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So many 80% frames out there that dealers are splitting the guns up, selling complete upper for 4-450 and then the frames in the neighborhood of 150 so they make more on the gun that selling complete. PM me and I can give you a couple of places that just sell frames, some bare and some complete. the guy I got my frame from even included the matching box. Bare ZEV slide because I've found that factory Glock internals perform better for me than any aftermarket gadgets, even ZEV parts. Justin at Personal weapons development did the stippling. His prices are reasonable and he IS an artist. It does have an aftermarket barrel but honestly I can get the same accuracy at 7 yards out of a factory barrel.

Thanks Charlie! I'm not thinking of starting a project like that until I clear a bunch more from the workbench, but if I do go that route, I'll come a knocking.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Thanks Charlie! I'm not thinking of starting a project like that until I clear a bunch more from the workbench, but if I do go that route, I'll come a knocking.
    Actually Tim I quite enjoyed it and I think you would too. I learn every time I work on a Glock and I built another with a ZEV slide before this one. The builds are enjoyable and each was a valuable lesson. I'm really pleased with this one, it feels like an extension of my arm.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

They don't. I only change my sights. And get this. Unlike the CZ p10 my glock doesn't have any trigger slap!

Top Bottom