• ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    :D

here are a few i have completed within the past little while... and a couple i don't know if i have ever shown.

some of you have seen the chopper, at the Chop In.... i would love to hear some impressions, opinions, and thoughts on it! the orange one was donated to Ducks Unlimitied of Noble County for their auction last month. the same model, with the green canvas micarta, will be available at the LaGrange County Ducks Unlimitied auction on November 10th. these are the only two of that model in the wild, YET. but i have more sitting here waiting in 1095, 154cm, and 3v!

enjoy, and let me know what you think!

have a GREAT day!

quechopper.jpg

quechopper4.jpg

quechopper5.jpg

DUproto.jpg

trio.jpg

banana4.jpg

zigrig3.jpg

zigrig2.jpg

zigrigfinal.jpg

cfopener-1.jpg

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Why no 3V? Other than Aldo doesn't have any right now :[

because i burnt up EVERY belt i had left in my shop on it! LOL! i still have.... 11 or 12 knives to finish out of this chunk of 3V.... it was SUPPOSE to be A2... but Brad called me while heat treating it and said, "dude. this is 3v!"... uh.. ok.....

it was like a mass grave of blaze belts!

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Very cool cubby, I handled chopper at the chopin and liked it very much, but for being 3v i thought the edge would have been thinner. no disrespect, its a great blade and Que did a good job of representing it (even tho I beat him)

If you're planning on making 25 more, I would suggest putting a slight radius to the cutting edge like the benchmade 171 comp chopper or this jose diaz comp chopper:
    590d70c5.jpg

benchmade_171.jpg

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Thanks!

Yeah, I have never worked with 3v. Never planned to! After watching the video, ican go a lot thinner and have just as much strength for chopping.but one thing I was looking to accomplish is the enhanced prying ability of a longer blade. Sometimes longer blades get snapped from prying. That one sure wont!

i don't want the knife to be just a competition cutter. though this one got used as one, it was designed around an all around large knife. from camping, to door kicking. to work with blade lengths from 7" to 14".

I appreciate the feedback, it's all but impossible to get quality feedback sometimes! Not the case on this knife!!

The run will be of cpm154 and come standard with black g10. And have another lanyard hole forward of the rear grip. i hope to get the
    Price between $250 and $300.

Very cool cubby, I handled chopper at the chopin and liked it very much, but for being 3v i thought the edge would have been thinner. no disrespect, its a great blade and Que did a good job of representing it (even tho I beat him)

If you're planning on making 25 more, I would suggest putting a slight radius to the cutting edge like the benchmade 171 comp chopper or this jose diaz comp chopper:
    590d70c5.jpg

benchmade_171.jpg

Last edited:

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    zigrigfinal.jpg

Jeremy
    Joe did those three for me. They are from a drawing a brother sent me a week before he was killed in an accident. Joe did an outstanding job on them and they went to the wife,brother and nephew of my friend.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    zigrigfinal.jpg

Jeremy
    Joe did those three for me. They are from a drawing a brother sent me a week before he was killed in an accident. Joe did an outstanding job on them and they went to the wife,brother and nephew of my friend.

Awesome story. I always thought knifes were the perfect memory tokens. Especially if the creator/designer is the one to be remembered by them.

Top Bottom