• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwartzki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Glock is always a +1 my 1911 sometimes doesn't feed the first round right if the mag is fully loaded, so not for that gun.

Best way to know is to test all your guns at the range numerous times with different ammos. I don't want a surprise mis-feed if I ever need my weapon.:shoot:

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I don't have any in the magazine at all, I carry them in my pocket, and then load them when needed, if needed.

barney_fife.jpg

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Yes, I do. I carry a PPS in 9mm with one 7rd mag in the well and I carry one spare 8rd mag. Doing +1 allows me to have the same number of bpm (bangs per magazine), not that anyone would be able to count in a life-or-death situation, though.

I figure I would worry less about this if I carried a full-size where one round is a much smaller percentage of the total capacity. But then I wouldn't be able to conceal under a single small T-shirt in the summer.

There should be no difference in the "wear" on your magazines. If it doesn't feed with a full mag with one in the chamber I wouldn't put nearly enough trust in the gun to carry it.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    +1 here. Don't want to have to take the time to rack the slide in an emergency, and then top the magazine off. Better to have the extra round and not need it than to need the extra round and not have it.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    OK....I usually don't in my 1911. I have tried several magazines...I prefer the Wilson Combat 8 round. At the range - I have a very rare occaisional FTF. I would say once every 300 rounds....but it is always the second round if I +1. If I do not - never an issue. I carry with Hornady CD and no matter how I load - I have not had an issue. I do not want to have my first Hornady FTF on the second round if I +1 when I need it.

Just a little cautious.

In my M&P 9C and my .380 Bodyguard - I always +1

Top Bottom