• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you carry a Semi Auto or Wheel Gun?

• Total voters

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I always have my sp101, but I call it my bug. I usually carry my XDSC.40 too and call it my primary. I know I sort of have them labeled wrong since the revolver is ALWAYS with me and the XD isn't.....I just like the concealment of the ruger IWB better than the XD. I can't find an IWB holster that I like for the XD or it would become the "always with me" gun and something else (bigger) would take it's place as the "usually with me" gun, maybe the XD.45 or the .44mag revolver.....

short answer, BOTH. Semi automatics are known to jam...revolvers not so much......

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I carried a revolver for the first time just yesterday... I actually liked it. I kept it at the small of the back, and it was remarkably comfortable.

And it was a S&W M19, of all things.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    always an auto. I like wheel guns for target. For the width of most wheels guns, I could carry a 15-18+1 9mm, so I usually carry full size auto, or smaller capacity pocket pistol.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I carry a wheelgun. I feel they are safer, I always know if there is one in the chamber. I don't have to worry about any FTF, or FTE. I usually carry a S&W 638 or a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Depending on the weather and such....

Fullsize 1911 or Kahr PM9

The Kahr PM9 has recently been takin over by my wife, so I guess I need to hunt for another....

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I carry a glock 23 most of the time mainly for the round capacity and also the fact that is has night sights. Occasionally I will carry a j-frame though just for ease of carrying.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I carry a S&W 642 everyday due to concealability, but I've never thought of it as my "primary" weapon. When I'm out on my own accord I carry a G23 on the belt with the revolver as backup.

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    I agree with some of the others; it's all in what you train for and are confident and comfortable with. I go back and forth. I just make sure to train as much as possible with either or both depending on the combination I'm carrying.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Semi Auto..

All of my revolvers are DA, and for some reason it just bothers me to carry them. At one point I carried some of my revolvers with the first chamber empty, but over time I ended up carrying my SA more and more until it just became my "always".

Top Bottom