• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Since the weather has changed, i am having solicitors ringing my doorbell on sunny days. Yes, i understand free enterprise. It confirms my personal choice to be armed or available if needed. Better to have one close, not needed, than in a safe where you are running the distance to acquire your firearm.
    Years back, my young son kept saying an old dog was in our yard. My Wife saw it and said it looked mangy. It was not a dog, but a mangy looking coyote searching for food.(40 acre corn field behind my house lot. Not mine though). My neighbor let out his dog and coyote ran off. I carry daily now with hunting season soon.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Probably 95% of the time I am in jeans I have either a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck or a Ruger LCP in my back pocket (sometimes both). Probably 80% of the time when I am wearing my pajamas at night or in the morning I have the LCP in my pocket. The other 20%, truth be told I'm too lazy to get it out of the safe. I need to shore up my readiness and carry the other percent of the time.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    As soon as I get up in the morning a holster gets put on when I put on my belt and a pistol goes in to it. When I get ready for bed it goes back in to the Artemis on the nightstand (small kids in the house) and is never much out of reach.

Not long ago the dogs were going crazy in the backyard in the middle of the night and the wife asked me to go check it out. I slipped a pistol in to my pocket and grabbed a flashlight. She asked me if it was really necessary to take a gun with me. I told her that if it is worth me going to check out then there is a chance that I might need it. She agreed and never said anything about it again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As soon as I get up in the morning a holster gets put on when I put on my belt and a pistol goes in to it. When I get ready for bed it goes back in to the Artemis on the nightstand (small kids in the house) and is never much out of reach.

Not long ago the dogs were going crazy in the backyard in the middle of the night and the wife asked me to go check it out. I slipped a pistol in to my pocket and grabbed a flashlight. She asked me if it was really necessary to take a gun with me. I told her that if it is worth me going to check out then there is a chance that I might need it. She agreed and never said anything about it again.

As this has happened here more than a few times my spouse is armed as I leave the room to go look. That is the way of things. As it should be.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    As this has happened here more than a few times my spouse is armed as I leave the room to go look. That is the way of things. As it should be.

My opinion is that if it is important enough to go investigate in the middle of the night it well could be dangerous enough that I need a firearm.

Also, the door is never answered until my pistol is retrieved from the safe. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

mlockhart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Noblesville IN
    I think it is as much common sense as fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and a spare tire. I haven’t had to use my spare tire in years that doesn’t mean I want leave it behind. I don’t know why many people don’t want to take responsible precautions or even think about it. Carry on!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The whole family carries at home. Except the infants

But that changes when you leave the house... Right?

n5nKHZT.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... I don’t know why many people don’t want to take responsible precautions or even think about it. ...

Normalcy bias. Optimism bias. Laziness. Inconvenience. Lack of time/resources. Lack of knowledge of what to do.

Lots of reasons. But, yeah.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom