• ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I think you can open carry only if your gun is unloaded. :rolleyes:
    And the police has the right to stop you to make sure that your gun is unloaded (both chamber and mag empty).
    I have seen some people carrying with the slide locked to the rear and no mag in the gun, that way the police dont stop them and can see that it's unloaded.
    Also it's faster to just insert a mag and release the slide to chamber a round.
    you might double check on their laws....I think I heard something about it changing here recently, but I'm not sure....I know it WAS OC without being loaded...but I think that may have changed.....my wife's from there and her dad's a LEO there...but I'm not 100% on the change :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    you might double check on their laws....I think I heard something about it changing here recently, but I'm not sure....I know it WAS OC without being loaded...but I think that may have changed.....my wife's from there and her dad's a LEO there...but I'm not 100% on the change :dunno:

You might be right.I saw a guy doing videos and explaining how their silly OC laws worked but it was some time ago.
    I think I saw that video last year and it may even have been posted much earlier than when I saw it.
    It may have changed like you're saying. :dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You might be right.I saw a guy doing videos and explaining how their silly OC laws worked but it was some time ago.
    I think I saw that video last year and it may even have been posted much earlier than when I saw it.
    It may have changed like you're saying. :dunno:
    Yeah, I just asked my wife and she "thinks" you cannot carry at all anymore due to those guys with video cameras instigating trouble with the local LEO's there...but I haven't talked to her father and confirmed or anything

tazl3oy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    zionsville
    Yes i carry. 7% defense technology mk-3(1.4 oz) 360° can on my duty belt when im working (armed security) you can pick it up for like 20-25$ same thing LEO run

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You tell me when and where and I will fix that for ya! Heck I'll even buy the spray! :D

You are too generous, I take your offer my dear Sir! :D

I will give you my address, just open the front door firmly when you get here, not need to knock I will hear the [STRIKE]loud explosion[/STRIKE] ... I mean I will hear you coming ... I think. :):

BobbyTrap-2.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I always wanted to try it on myself but I have not done it yet, for some reasons.

If you ever decide to try it I would recommend doing it in a controlled environment with a couple of people you trust helping you. We used a simple decontamination procedure in class and it worked well. Running water, paper towels (dry and wet), and a fan is very helpful.

d2d9fde7.jpg

c2fb99d9.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you ever decide to try it I would recommend doing it in a controlled environment with a couple of people you trust helping you. We used a simple decontamination procedure in class and it worked well. Running water, paper towels (dry and wet), and a fan is very helpful.

Yes I thought about that already.
    I want to ask my girlfriend to do it, that way she can practice spraying someone too.But for some reasons, I guess im lucky for that, she doesn't want to hurt me.
    Maybe if I forget her birthday or something she could change her mind pretty quick and without warning. :):

I also thought about wearing medical gloves since that thing is a skin irritant, at least for the people helping with the decontamination.
    I guess it depends how much the person has been sprayed.
    I also read that water with dish soap in it works better than just simple water since the oil used in the spray is not soluble in water.
    The soap helps taking the oil charged with OC particules off the skin.

They also sell decontamination sprays, I wonder what's in those and if they really work good. :dunno:
    I have seen those sprayed sold to LEOs only though.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Woohoo, on my way! :rockwoot:

You are too generous, I take your offer my dear Sir! :D

I will give you my address, just open the front door firmly when you get here, not need to knock I will hear the [STRIKE]loud explosion[/STRIKE] ... I mean I will hear you coming ... I think. :):

BobbyTrap-2.jpg

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I think that if you are going to carry it you should know its affects on a person first hand. So if you are ever called to justify why you used it and you are asked if you know it's affects you can say yes. If you have never been sprayed by the good alcohol based OC sprays that the LEOs use then just standby its awful but you can fight through it. Just my .02

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't carry it. I have been sprayed and it does suck but takes a few seconds even with a good hit to be effective. Does not seem viable to me as a defensive tool for a citizen. If I am to the point where I feel the need for a defensive weapon my life or the well being of my family is already in danger.

I also dislike tazers FYI.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but takes a few seconds even with a good hit to be effective. Does not seem viable to me as a defensive tool for a citizen.

Think of it more as an "avoidance" tool than a purely defensive tool. Its something you might use in order to NOT be forced to use your gun.

Not every problem can be solved with a gun. Its nice having a less-lethal option for dealing with those situations that require an escalation in force, but not the taking of a life.

And OC has applications beyond the most obvious ones.

In the LLDOC it was described how one could spray an indoor area with OC to form a type of "chemical wall". Think of a teacher with a classroom of kids when she hears gunshots down a hallway. A thorough dousing of the area outside the barricaded classroom could cause a gunman to turn in another direction.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I work at a bar, so I don't carry while I'm at work. I do bring pepper spray with me, because I'm often walking to my car between 2 and 3 in the morning by myself. I carry it in my hand, with my hand in my jacket pocket. If anyone were to approach me with ill intentions I would use it as a distraction. Spray them in the face and then take off running to my vehicle. Like heck I'm gonna stick around and fight with that asshat. Chances are if I got attacked by anyone at that hour it would be some drunk frat boy that struck out picking up girls at the bar down the street looking to let off some frustration. I know a couple of people that have been the victims of random attacks like that. I'm hoping the pepper spray shocks them enough to give me a decent head start, even if it doesn't incapacitate them entirely.

ETA: I carry Fox brand pepper spray, 2 oz. container, cone spray pattern.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I would only CC OC, because if you OC OC, it would just cancel itself out and that's just counter productive. :n00b:

Really don't see much use for carrying Pepper Spray, except against 5 year old girls. They're Dangerous.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Personally, as a non-LEO I don't attract undue attention to myself to require a need for a "deterrent." If I am confronted with a situation which requires de-escalation then my mouth should work pretty well. If not, then I have hands, elbows, knees, and steel toes. If one feels the need to make such a situation easier and sway the "odds" in their favor then high power stun guns or batons are excellent and will always incapacitate for a while. Excessive? Guess the guy should have listened to my mouth in the first place.

Top Bottom