• Do you EDC a knife or multi-tool?

• Total voters

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    if you want all purpose (but not necessarily quick deploy for defensive use) I like my Leatherman Juice S2. it fits in the palm of your hand, and has everything I need day to day. A 3" blade, several screwdrivers/scrapers, scissors, pliers, wire cutters, and the most important... beer bottle opener. (which is also awesome for cutting packing tape without getting the blade all gooey.)

I have a couple of Leatherman multi-tools at home and work, one is a small one I could, maybe should carry. I was thinking something suitable for self-defense.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I didn't know it was a picture thread.
    Welllll...

image_zps79f60bbc.jpg

JG, can you get that Rainbow open quickly with one hand?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    everyday i have the following
    a gerber multi plier, needle nose like this
    Multi-Plier 600 - Needlenose Stainless
    a hk/benchmade scortch like this
    Product Large Image
    a ian sinclair credit card knife like this (i paid 5 bucks at a gun show, and itll probally break the first time i use it)
    Cardsharp2: classic credit card folding knife
    and in my back pack i carry a spyderco endura like this(in case i forget my hk/benchmade)
    Spyderco Endura 4 FRN
    also in my back pack i have a smiths pocket pal sharpener just in case i have to touch up a blade
    Pocket Pal Knife Sharpener | Smith's - Knife Sharpening Equipment, Electric Knife Sharpeners, Sharpening Stones - Since 1886

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I ALWAYS have my ESEE Izula in my purse. Sometime I have a folder. I am waiting for Brad to give me a REALLY good deal on a Spyderco so I can carry it too. :):

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yes. It's an assisted open, but I rarely use the "assist" for more than a start...a flick of the wrist locks it open.

the spring should be more than enough to lock it open, you shouldnt have to flick your wrist, if you have to, you might want to replace the spring, call kershaw, theyll replace the spring for free, they give you the opiton of sending it to them, or they will send you the spring

i have a chive that had the spring go out, one call fixed it, they sent the spring, and i think its a #.5 torx screw to take the knife apart, it took 5 mins, and that included cleaning all the pocket fuzz out

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, I thought about posting some vaguely humorous (to me) message implying that I not only don't carry a knife, but I find the concept of knives abhorrent.

Then I realized even the newbs won't buy it. My cat is out of the bag on this issue.

I may or may not sometimes always or never carry an object on my person that may in some way resemble a knife but also may not resemble a knife.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Kabar dozier. I got one on ebay for $7 shipped and another for just over $5 shipped. Gave one to my BIL a couple weeks ago, carry the other daily. Great knife, even at the regular MSRP.

Top Bottom