Do you have to have your license on you when carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks everyone...

She doesn't have pockets her walking outfit so she likes the idea of the photos on her cell phone (which she carries in her hand)..

Real life scenario: Do you think she'd drop her phone in order to draw her gun? (Note: Not just her specifically, either. This can be said for ANY of us. Are you/we trained to drop what's in our hands in order to draw and potentially use a gun?)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You'd be surprised. Not many actually will, but there are always a couple inflexible guys willing to stick it to you.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kutnupe14 again.

"inflexible" is just one word I would use to describe some of those guys!

Not the word that comes to mind.

Pringle.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is not required to have the correct address as long as ISP has the correct address. I was not going to pay $20 foe a new pink piece of paper then and I see no reason to get a plastic card.

I am Scottish/cheap skate. I can buy a box of ammo with that $20!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it's old and has the wrong address... well, "it's at home", might be better.

(Assumes ISP has the correct address on file.)

OK....{he said while wondering why people carrying guns that cost hundreds with defense ammo that costs $25+ per box won't ante' up the $21 for an updated LTCH}

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The pink card itself isn't the "hassle" for me. It is the "George Costanza" wallet in which it is held. Same with my wife, and her satchel of a purse. My handgun is more like clothes to me. Goes on with my pants. Not so with my wallet. If I'm not driving or buying something, I don't usually have it on me. Same with my cell phone and my keys. Why shove all that crap in my pockets, just to walk around the 'hood?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I try to be generous to others, but I keep unnecessary expenditures to a minimum.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Real life scenario: Do you think she'd drop her phone in order to draw her gun? (Note: Not just her specifically, either. This can be said for ANY of us. Are you/we trained to drop what's in our hands in order to draw and potentially use a gun?)

There's a reason I incorporated that into my class, and that LE training incorporates it. The instinct is not to drop resources. It's to either retain it or to use it as a weapon. How many people threw the "pizza" despite the distances being way to great for any sort of distraction from that to work?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OK....{he said while wondering why people carrying guns that cost hundreds with defense ammo that costs $25+ per box won't ante' up the $21 for an updated LTCH}

I'm only willing to meet the minimum requirements to avoid being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun.

Updating a Larry wouldn't be worth a cent to me (I wouldn't do it even if it was free) as I have no use for it beyond that.

It's nothing but a detestable permission slip, an infringement upon our RKBA, the need for which should have been repealed long ago.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I have not yet ordered a replacement LTCH, and I moved four years ago (updated my address with ISP, though).

However, after looking through this thread, it might be worth it to pony up the $20 and upgrade to the new plastic card with a correct address.

On the other hand, as a retired LEO with credentials, a LEOSA card and current qualification, law school, and (most important) a cooperative attitude, I'm pretty sure I could educate a confused officer, or, failing that, a confused officer's supervisor.

A calm demeanor and cordiality goes a long way in interpersonal interactions. Especially when the guy initiating the interaction is armed, charged with finding out what is going on, and unsure of who you are and what you're up to.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's why you should always proudly wear your INGO ltch badge!

rimg.php

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm only willing to meet the minimum requirements to avoid being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun.

Updating a Larry wouldn't be worth a cent to me (I wouldn't do it even if it was free) as I have no use for it beyond that.

It's nothing but a detestable permission slip, an infringement upon our RKBA, the need for which should have been repealed long ago.

That is also a reason.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks everyone...

She doesn't have pockets her walking outfit so she likes the idea of the photos on her cell phone (which she carries in her hand)..

They make holsters with a display window thingy for your licence/permit.

184919_ts.jpg

Not that having to reach for it so close to your gun would be the best idea when stopped by a police officer.

Top Bottom