• Do you like Glock factory sights?

• Total voters

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I know this question will receive alot of "personal preference" responses, and I don't want the cost of replacement sights to be a factor. How many of you like the Glock factory sights enough to keep them and why? How many of you have either replaced them or want to replace them with conventional 3 dot or night sights?
    This question comes down to the choice between the Glock "notch" or 2 dots for the rear sight. Hope this clears up the question!

Last edited:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I have meprolight night sights on my glock 22. On my g27 I have factory standard sights I like both but I will probably upgrade my g27 to meprolight night sights sometime.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Replaced the sights on a gen 4 17 with Advantage Tactical sights. Much better, easily adjusted for windage, (good thing too since the glock was shooting left, factory front sight was drilled off a millimeter or 2) Front sight is adjustable for elevation using shims, (not so easy to adjust but doable). Takes a little getting used too but once you do it's quick to get a sight picture.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I have a G21SF with standard sights.

I want to replace them with Trijicon's new HD night sights, whenever they become available for the G21...

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Replaced the sights on a gen 4 17 with Advantage Tactical sights. Much better, easily adjusted for windage, (good thing too since the glock was shooting left, factory front sight was drilled off a millimeter or 2) Front sight is adjustable for elevation using shims, (not so easy to adjust but doable). Takes a little getting used too but once you do it's quick to get a sight picture.

Interesting, never heard of those before.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    IMO, every carry gun should have night sights. So, all of my carry guns have Meprolights night sights on them.

I dont see anything wrong with the Glock factory sights, or ANY factory sights. I just think EVERY carry gun, even home defense carry guns, should have night sights.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    ?

Your poll did not include Glock factory installed 3 dot night sights. We have four Glocks. One has the standard Glock sights the others Glock steel factory 3 dot night sights. For actual defensive purposes both serve very well. I am going to install the Warren sights on the G34 only because it is for the range and competition and I do not intend to use it as a defensive weapon. :)

PS: The Glock factory night sights,at least of the vintage of the pistols I own, were manufactured by a vendor here in the US and use the Mepro Light tritium tubes from Israel.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Your poll did not include Glock factory installed 3 dot night sights. We have four Glocks. One has the standard Glock sights the others Glock steel factory 3 dot night sights. For actual defensive purposes both serve very well. I am going to install the Warren sights on the G34 only because it is for the range and competition and I do not intend to use it as a defensive weapon. :)

PS: The Glock factory night sights,at least of the vintage of the pistols I own, were manufactured by a vendor here in the US and use the Mepro Light tritium tubes from Israel.
    good point. I guess the question should have been "do you prefer the Glock notch or 2 dots for the rear sight?"

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    HTML:
    I love the factory rear sight but I'm putting a front night sight on.

I'm trying this in the near future, just to see how it goes. In the meantime, what's wrong with the factory sights? :dunno:

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    HTML:
    I love the factory rear sight but I'm putting a front night sight on.

I'm trying this in the near future, just to see how it goes. In the meantime, what's wrong with the factory sights? :dunno:

Nothing's wrong with them. I like the idea of night sights buttt I LOVE the rear sight. I don't really like the 3-dot sights so I'm putting a NS on the front because, one NS is better than no NS.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    first thing I do when I get a GLOCK is change the sites. I can't stand the factory sites.

Top Bottom