• ...and so much more!
  • Do you like Glock factory sights?

• Total voters

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I don't like the GLOCK factory sights. Not because of how they look but because they are [STRIKE]plastic[/STRIKE] polymer. I've heard more than a few gun gurus refer to the factory sights as "place keepers" ... until you can get steel up there.

I'm still trying to decide on a front sight to go with my steel rear sight (GLOCK factory style). I'm pretty sure I want a tritium insert but I also want it to really jump out like the original GLOCK front sight.

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    I've had a G19 for about 3 years now, and I loved the stock sight picture, except for them being that cheesy plastic stuff. I wish I could get those sights with tritium inserts. I put some tritium Meprolights on it right after I got the gun, and the front sight has loosened up and fallen off twice even though Locktite was used on it.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I dont mind the stock sights. I got used to them fairly quickly. However, I put trijicon night sights on mine and I've been able to notice a difference in my groups.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    The factory sights were sufficient for range trips, I really can see how someone can take a NIB Glock break the seal and win a competition; but they're known to not be durable and are near useless in the dark, my Glocks are for the purpose of defending me so they get night sights with steel, if GNS or Meps or Trijs I'd be ok with any 3 dot, I've got Meps because it's what Bradi's had in stock.

005.JPG

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Anybody here try the Truglo TFO sights? The ones that are Tritium for night, and fiber optic for day? I was thinking about getting the ones with the green front and yellow rear...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The factory sights are proficient, but I swapped my glock 27 stock sights for xs big dots and couldnt be happier.

BD_Trij2.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Anybody here try the Truglo TFO sights? The ones that are Tritium for night, and fiber optic for day? I was thinking about getting the ones with the green front and yellow rear...

I broke a set, if that's what you are asking... :D Sort of fragile, but should hold up to the "average" use. I completely trashed the G19 they were on, so they didn't last long. Dropped it a few times, etc... and the tubes broke. Other night sight without fibre optic might have lasted a bit longer, but not by much!! :D :rockwoot:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    What kind of "design genius" would put plastic sights on a gun? I mean how cheap can we get here? For what they charge for the gun I don't think it's going to impact the profit margin THAT MUCH to install steel sights that are unbreakable. The Austrians and Germans make some really great stuff but this ain't it. I do believe they could probably make a really nice cordless drills or maybe, say , staple guns?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    So what is the price difference between a stock glock and say, a sig with factory night sights. Bet you cant find one for $499.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    They're OK, but I installed a set of Kyle Defoor's sights which have a .115” wide black serrated front sight, and a flat black rear with .150" notch.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I personally don't mind the factory sights on a Glock..my 17 has the factory sights but my 26 has three dot night sights. But that's the way it came when I bought it. Either are fine with me.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All of my Glocks have HEINIE sights on them, from the 17 I compete with to the 26 in my pocket. I put them on my .22 conversion kit just to keep everything the same.

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    I have meprolight night sights on my glock 22. On my g27 I have factory standard sights I like both but I will probably upgrade my g27 to meprolight night sights sometime.

My G19 wears Mepro lights as well. I'm looking to change to different night sights. I hate the slanted curve on the sides of the rear sights.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    You need another option. One for Glock bought with night sights. I bought mine with TruGlo's, and love them. Shot a buddy's with factory sights and hated them.

-MColford

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've got 5 glocks. The white factory sights are okay but I put Tru-Glos on all of them. They are a green or yellow dot at night and bright as hell in the light. Easier to pick up quickly than the whites.

Top Bottom