• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If I want $5 for anything then give me $5 and roll on. If not I throw it back in the box.

I will work with something over $100 most times.

If I post up something for sale it is usually priced fair from the jump.
    We could be friends. My time is worth more than a few bucks. Recently had a guy lose his mind over a $40 buck bike.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It goes both ways.

I like getting a better price, like anyone else. I'm happier to get a fair deal at asking price from a friend that I have yet to meet.

I'm nervous about those who live for the deal, bragging about their great conquest with little regard for the "mark."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't mind haggling in some circumstances, but I once drove to meet a guy to sell an extra guitar case I had... I got there and instead of wanting to give me $50 he was trying to say he would only pay $40 and squeeze me for $10. I wouldn't mind had he not agreed to buy it already at the price. I wouldn't let him have it on principle, he thought he had me because I'd driven to meet him. In those cases I'll get a little honked off in a hurry. Otherwise I can come to enjoy it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't mind haggling in some circumstances, but I once drove to meet a guy to sell an extra guitar case I had... I got there and instead of wanting to give me $50 he was trying to say he would only pay $40 and squeeze me for $10. I wouldn't mind had he not agreed to buy it already at the price. I wouldn't let him have it on principle, he thought he had me because I'd driven to meet him. In those cases I'll get a little honked off in a hurry. Otherwise I can come to enjoy it.

Oh man, that ticks me off. I am 100% cool with a person making offers and counteroffers. Maybe they offer full price, maybe they offer 1/10 of what I am asking, maybe they want to trade me a goat when the only trade interests I have listed are an 870 and a glock 19. That is all fine and is part of making deals.

Once we have agreed to terms, that is the end of negotiations. If I show up to the meet and the other party tries to renegotiate the deal, banking on me giving because I have come this far, I am pissed off and I am gone.

I am not above offering a seller less than what he is asking, or entertaining an offer of less than what I am asking, but once we have a deal, a deal is a deal.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I can't stand the back and forth stuff. If I'm looking at buying something I just tell the seller what I will pay for it up front, they either accept it and we proceed or they decline and I move on. Very rarely will I ever counter their offer.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I had that happen once. I sold my off road jeep to a guy in Georgia for $23,000. Before I went there, he agreed to pay $2,000 and the remainder when I got there ($21,000). I get to his place, a used car shop, and I knew what was going to happen. He test drove it, and immediately started to try and talk me down. I had sent him pictures of every inch of the jeep, so he knew exactly what he was buying. He said the best he could do was $19,000. I said, sounds good, and started loading it back on the trailer. He quickly decided to pay me the full amount.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I had that happen once. I sold my off road jeep to a guy in Georgia for $23,000. Before I went there, he agreed to pay $2,000 and the remainder when I got there ($21,000). I get to his place, a used car shop, and I knew what was going to happen. He test drove it, and immediately started to try and talk me down. I had sent him pictures of every inch of the jeep, so he knew exactly what he was buying. He said the best he could do was $19,000. I said, sounds good, and started loading it back on the trailer. He quickly decided to pay me the full amount.

You should have added a $500 a-hole surcharge.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I am waiting for cheap Frank on Pickers to haggle and say" I will give you $500 cash money" and the mark replies,"It better be cash,I don't know you...I sure as heck ain't taking a check!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man after my own heart...............:)

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Don't like it much but it seems like people won't even talk to you for a private party sale if you don't move some on the phone. I don't mind reasonable haggling and try to price accordingly, I can't stand the outright lowballers.

I also can't stand the people that change their mind after inquiring but never let you know. Especially after you make even loose plans to meet.

Top Bottom