• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If I want $5 for anything then give me $5 and roll on. If not I throw it back in the box.

I will work with something over $100 most times.

If I post up something for sale it is usually priced fair from the jump.
    We could be friends. My time is worth more than a few bucks. Recently had a guy lose his mind over a $40 buck bike.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It goes both ways.

I like getting a better price, like anyone else. I'm happier to get a fair deal at asking price from a friend that I have yet to meet.

I'm nervous about those who live for the deal, bragging about their great conquest with little regard for the "mark."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't mind haggling in some circumstances, but I once drove to meet a guy to sell an extra guitar case I had... I got there and instead of wanting to give me $50 he was trying to say he would only pay $40 and squeeze me for $10. I wouldn't mind had he not agreed to buy it already at the price. I wouldn't let him have it on principle, he thought he had me because I'd driven to meet him. In those cases I'll get a little honked off in a hurry. Otherwise I can come to enjoy it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't mind haggling in some circumstances, but I once drove to meet a guy to sell an extra guitar case I had... I got there and instead of wanting to give me $50 he was trying to say he would only pay $40 and squeeze me for $10. I wouldn't mind had he not agreed to buy it already at the price. I wouldn't let him have it on principle, he thought he had me because I'd driven to meet him. In those cases I'll get a little honked off in a hurry. Otherwise I can come to enjoy it.

Oh man, that ticks me off. I am 100% cool with a person making offers and counteroffers. Maybe they offer full price, maybe they offer 1/10 of what I am asking, maybe they want to trade me a goat when the only trade interests I have listed are an 870 and a glock 19. That is all fine and is part of making deals.

Once we have agreed to terms, that is the end of negotiations. If I show up to the meet and the other party tries to renegotiate the deal, banking on me giving because I have come this far, I am pissed off and I am gone.

I am not above offering a seller less than what he is asking, or entertaining an offer of less than what I am asking, but once we have a deal, a deal is a deal.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I can't stand the back and forth stuff. If I'm looking at buying something I just tell the seller what I will pay for it up front, they either accept it and we proceed or they decline and I move on. Very rarely will I ever counter their offer.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I had that happen once. I sold my off road jeep to a guy in Georgia for $23,000. Before I went there, he agreed to pay $2,000 and the remainder when I got there ($21,000). I get to his place, a used car shop, and I knew what was going to happen. He test drove it, and immediately started to try and talk me down. I had sent him pictures of every inch of the jeep, so he knew exactly what he was buying. He said the best he could do was $19,000. I said, sounds good, and started loading it back on the trailer. He quickly decided to pay me the full amount.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I had that happen once. I sold my off road jeep to a guy in Georgia for $23,000. Before I went there, he agreed to pay $2,000 and the remainder when I got there ($21,000). I get to his place, a used car shop, and I knew what was going to happen. He test drove it, and immediately started to try and talk me down. I had sent him pictures of every inch of the jeep, so he knew exactly what he was buying. He said the best he could do was $19,000. I said, sounds good, and started loading it back on the trailer. He quickly decided to pay me the full amount.

You should have added a $500 a-hole surcharge.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I am waiting for cheap Frank on Pickers to haggle and say" I will give you $500 cash money" and the mark replies,"It better be cash,I don't know you...I sure as heck ain't taking a check!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man after my own heart...............:)

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Don't like it much but it seems like people won't even talk to you for a private party sale if you don't move some on the phone. I don't mind reasonable haggling and try to price accordingly, I can't stand the outright lowballers.

I also can't stand the people that change their mind after inquiring but never let you know. Especially after you make even loose plans to meet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom