• Do You LIKE Your Job?

• Total voters

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    After reading thru the thread about INGO Occupations, and seeing the various responses, it got me to thinking; How many of us actually LIKE our jobs? I don't mean in the esoteric "I'm grateful to have a job, it pays the bills, blah blah sense, but rather to you really LIKE what you do for a living?

I've come to realize over the last few months that I actually like my job for the first time in a long time. There's a lot that can go into liking or not liking a job; the pay, job-title, co-workers, location, benefits, bosses, security, etc. If you feel like it, list some of the reasons why you do or do not like your job.

For me, I like my job because I have a great boss, lots of responsibility (and the freedom and encouragement to exercise it), helping people find part-time work, and the ability to have a direct impact in making my operation profitable.

Poll Results are Private so Don't Be Shy

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Even though my job requires me to work in smoke filled strip clubs, I love it. I get to travel and that is what makes life great.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    mostly yes. i work M-F, 8-5. get paid more than most people that do my line of work (auto tech) and my bosses are good people. it's a three man operation and i'm the only non-owner employee. down side is i don't get paid vacations or holidays and i would have to buy my own health ins. if T_star wasn't able to cover me with hers. overall, quite happy tho.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's parts of my job that I like, but now a-days there's increasingly more parts that I don't. Of course I've been doing the same thing, in the same place for going on 28 years. It's probably me getting simultaneously getting bored with the grind while not liking some of the changes occurring. I'm in the mode of thinking about a second career now and weighing against sticking it out 'til I can retire.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've been working at the same place for over 26 years, I've busted my butt, & management do find a funk, so neither do I, right now its just a paycheck

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes and no.

Good pay, good hours, nice office, but fairly boring. A couple of years ago, it was great. Lots of changes after 2 acquisitions, and my "role" has been trimmed down a tad. I've started pushing for some new opportunities, so we'll see how things go.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I voted no, but there isn't really any place else I'd rather be. There are not many rules, and the ones in place are not really enforced, but there is a lot of BS that goes on that makes me want out. The money is great, the freedom is great, if there were just 2 or 3 certain people less, I'd never leave that place.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Great job, very good pay, awesome boss.............and I'm sick and tired of what I do!! I do the best I can to keep working hard and making money for the company. I hope I can hang in there for 10 more years and then glide into retirement cutting grass or something.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nope. Do not like what I do or where I am at right now at all. It pays the bills though so I wont be going anywhere till I can find something else. Can't wait to get out of there though!!!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I can't stand it and it doesn't pay squat anymore. Over the last 3 years I have taken a 70% pay cut. I rarely make it home for dinner but leave before breakfast...that is if I even get home at all. I can't keep up with my bills, can't even get a second job because of the schedule, can't put up anything for retirement, have no insurance, can't buy guns anymore and couldn't afford ammo anyway and I'm about to have our second Christmas in a row with no gifts for the kids. To top it all off I now have my son living with us adding to all the expenses. I love that he is here and don't mind that part, but with the holidays here it makes things hard.

BACON.

HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.
    Love My Job? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Have ben working at same location for 18yrs.,For three different employers. The first two were great. the one now doesn't respect there help. An i'm a supervisor yet. Oh well 6 yrs. 4months to go till retirement i hope.:ar15::patriot:

Top Bottom