• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you think you will ever change your carry gun?

• Total voters

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I didn't vote because my specific choice wasn't there.
    Same here.

I know some people that have only ever have and will carry one gun, then there are guys that change guns more often than girls change purses. So where do you fall in this scale?
    I don't change purses...because I don't carry a purse. But I do carry guns, sooo....

I have a collection of 1911s. I usually carry one of my Kimbers.

I'm with that kid^.
    Out of the 1911s I have, four Kimbers and an ATI are carry options for different reasons. Two are my "go to". I like the compact frame with the extra sight radius of the 4" barrel.
    Sometimes I choose which to carry depending on if I'm going to open carry at work or not.
    I won't put anything into the "carry rotation" until it's gone 1000 without a hiccup. No jams, no stovepipes, no FTF/FTE/FMR.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is the correct answer for me, and it was not among the choices.

"Maybe. I have different carry options for different situations and add to them or take away from them over time."

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Depends on my pants. Real Work Wear's deep pockets enable me to carry LCR or PF9. Wranglers force me to carry TCP 738. But something is always in the pocket.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would say no, but then I learned about the Sig P227. I'd say maybe a 10% chance that once I find one to finger I would replace my P220 with it.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have a Gen 2 Glock 23 in .40, for which I have a 9mm conversion barrel so that the wife and I can carry the same ammo...she has a Gen 2 Glock 19, which she absolutely loves!

On days when we're not out-n-about together, though, I tend to resort to my Ruger SP101 in .357 mag! I purchased it NIB for Christmas 1994...and it's been my #1 EDC ever since! I'm comfortable with it, I can hit what I shoot at with it, and to me, that's about all that really matters!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Option #2

I seem to rotate between my fullsize Smith M&P40 and fullsize Springfield 1911.

Kind of the best of both worlds for me.
    If I ever go on a road trip, one stays on my hip, the other goes between the two front seats.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Eventually when I find the perfect carry gun I may switch. I've purchased a 380 and a 45 ACP with the intent to carry but I always go back to my SP101.

Top Bottom