• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    In a nut shell,Yes. I've been a professional musician since I was a teenager. Instruments, started early as a piano player, but that evolved to other instruments. Now, I've been playing more guitar and mandolin than anything else.
    Sounds like we need an INGO jam session and BBQ when the weather turns warmer. :D

R_abbi_T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    LaPorte
    I play guitar, as well as a bit of the accompanying instruments (bass, piano, drums, etc...)

I play:
    An '84 Gibson Les Paul Studio with emg's (81/85 set)
    An epi les paul with a seymour duncan in the bridge
    Ibanez sa series with an emg 81
    A harmony h something or other
    A custom built fender esquire style guitar
    A hollowbody jaguar with reverse headstock (built this one from scratch)
    A washburn baby ml
    An alvarez acoustic
    Ibanez exotic wood acoustic
    Jasmine something or other acoustic
    And some others. I forget. Lol

Thats quite a collection! I can't wait until I own my first Les Paul I am rockin a highland archtop right now, but I'm not very good. I have only been learning for about 2 years but I started playing the drums when I was 9

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    A properly set up les paul is a beautiful thing. Lol

I've actually been thinning out my collection. In the last few months I've sold:

A schecter c1 elite
    An original '72 tele deluxe
    Two ibanez rg series (rg350dx and rg3ex1)
    A fender acoustic
    A fender custom celtic esquire
    Some washburn strat clone
    And a few other randoms.

At one point I had something like 34 of them. I'll try to find some photos, but most of them permenantly reside at my fathers house 350 miles away, so we'll see what happens there. No need for them in a tiny apartment, ya know?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've played drums for nearly 30 years now, off and on.

I've got:

vintage Ludwigs (made in 1964 per the date stamps in the shells) - 4 pc.
    Tama Starclassics - 5 pc.
    Yamaha DTExpress Electronic kit - 5 pc. + cymbal pads
    Premier HTS200 Pipe Band snare
    Pearl FFXPB Pipe Band snare

Most of my hardware is by DW, my cymbals are all Zildjians except one, which is a Sabian Rocktagon. I never play with that one because it doesn't fit in tonally.

On my snares I usually play with Kilpatrick KP2 or KP3 sticks depending on whether or not I want to play with the heavier or lighter sticks, on my kits I usually usually Andante Reid Maxwell sticks.

I also hack my way around a guitar (I won't say I play it well, though). I've got an Ovation Ultra Deluxe (1528D), and a Japanese-made Charvel Model 2 from the mid-80's.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Took up the trombone a few years ago, for my own pleasure, after decades of not playing. The wife hasn't kicked me out of the house yet!

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have a couple guitars, amps & keyboards, I really don't play very much anymore though.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I'm here to revive an old thread...
    I played guitar back in when I was in high school in the early 90's... grunge and plaid ruled the world! .\m/
    I've owned mostly 70s and 80s era Gibson Les Pauls, & Fender Stratocasters... but i had a fetish for Ibanez RGs with the wizard II neck profiles for awhile.
    Then come 2004, I got in a band finally as a bass guitar player... so, i sold off my guitars and picked up a few bass guitars. Fender Jazz basses chiefly, but I had others... including a 1974 Gibson SG bass.
    2012... after no hit wonders band dis-banded...
    2013-2015- sold off basses and started collecting ludwig drums.
    I occasionally make drunken appearances at random summer bonfires and back yard bbqs - you might might catch me playing either a snoopy harp or a ukulele.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Reviving this (like trucker did a couple years ago) because I've just started playing my trumpet again after 18+ years. Went and visited some friends last weekend who are learning new to them instruments, and it got me in the mood to play again. Anyone else pickup an instrument they had put down for more than a decade? Anyone still playing or thinking about restarting?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Played the Tuba in middle & high school. I felt pretty decent at it too!

Got interested in bass guitar later on (i guess i have an ear for the lower frequencies)

I've since sold the bass & gear i had, as well as a beat up tuba. Kinda wish i hadn't now...

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Played the Tuba in middle & high school. I felt pretty decent at it too!

Got interested in bass guitar later on (i guess i have an ear for the lower frequencies)

I've since sold the bass & gear i had, as well as a beat up tuba. Kinda wish i hadn't now...

Have you ever thought about going to a pawn shop or music store and find a used one? A tuba might be hard to find, but a bass guitar and amp would be fairly easily found.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The baritone I'm thinking of is basically a small version of a tuba that's an octave or two higher. At my school anybody who played tuba was started out on baritones at first. Baritones still used the bass clef on sheet music.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    The baritone I'm thinking of is basically a small version of a tuba that's an octave or two higher. At my school anybody who played tuba was started out on baritones at first. Baritones still used the bass clef on sheet music.

Those and the marching versions (carried on the shoulder) are the only baritones that I've ever seen.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Well I guess I'm confused on why you think I played trumpet too.

There's no way I could ever pull off the embouchure required to play the trumpet!

I was just poking fun. You said you upgraded from baritone. If you "upgraded" a brass instrument, you obviously upgraded to trumpet! Just a little "trumpet is the best brass instrument" joke. :D

On a side note, there's no way I could play such a large mouthpiece! I tried in HS. The closest I even got to "playing" a trombone was to stick my trumpet mouthpiece into a valve trombone.

Top Bottom