Do you tell friends that you are carrying before you enter their home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Unless they are family or friends that you dont know well then you know who cares about you carrying and not. I always carry but all members of my family and friends dont care except for one family member who is extremely liberal and almost completely brain washed by his so called "education". Nice guy just wish he would get a head on his shoulders. Just stay quiet and keep it concealed and nobody will know.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I carry everywhere I can get away with it. None of my relatives locally (Indiana) are shooters and only one has any firearms. As far as I know, none of them are even aware that I habitually carry a firearm. My best friend, a former cop, has no firearms and doesn't like them; if he's ever noticed me carrying, he's never objected. If, for some reason, I'm visiting your home, you probably won't notice my firearm either, and I'm not going to tell you I have it on me.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason you, as a person I'm visiting, would have any concern over me carrying a firearm would be if you had reason to notice it, and I won't willingly provide that reason, unless it's necessary to defend myself or your family.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm amazed at some of the answers in this thread.

I guess I just have a very short list of objects I would ever ask permission to carry on me.

They'll either tell you or they won't.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    I think that if they are good friends and family, they already know. To everyone else, its a need-to-know basis.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Well I think it is all about respect ofr the persons home. I would let them know straight up and if their wish is for me to not carry in their home then so be it. I have to respect them as I would want them to respect my wishes for my home. Again respect goes a long way. It is no different than going to some places that will not allow you to carry so why would you want to lose a good friend over something that could be avoided and at the same time you earn respect as well. :twocents:

I don't see the point in telling them. Do you tell them that you are carrying a pocket (or larger) knife? A lighter? Cigarettes (if applicable)? Do you tell them all the contents of your purse/pockets just in case they are offended by any item you may be carrying? :dunno:

I agree with those who say "don't ask, don't tell" - if they don't ask, I don't tell.

Top Bottom