• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Why tip for carryout? I'm doing all the work. I just go to the register, pay, get my food, and walk out.

All they do is take my order, cook, and take my money.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    hell no! they dont have to do any work worth tipping! unless she is smokin hot and brings it to me and maybe leaves me with a good feeling. ;) other than that they are gettin nothin outta me!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I usually only tip Carryout if it is somewhere like Outback where they bring it out to me in my car.

That person bringing the food out to your car is working for tips, so you should.

I don't tip nearly as much, because 1) they aren't doing much and 2) they are ripping through tons of orders, so just a couple of dollars from each person goes a long way.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Almost always no; but sometimes when using a credit card I have added a dollar or two (when the mood strikes and generally at smaller locally owned type establishments).

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Uh, no. If anyone deserves to be tipped its the cooks. They did all the work, I picked it up. The waitress just rung it out and collected money.

Not my problem if they "work" for tips. That's not working. Go wait tables and work for your money and stop asking for a handout.

When is the last time you tipped the cook for the perfect steak? No? But you still tipped the waitress? Those guys in back don't make much money, either. Guess I feel that they should actually work for the money they are wanting. I go to work and work for my paycheck. They are no better than I am.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I tipped the gal at Arby's driveup window
    $10 at Christmas one year.She had waited on me
    accurately, with a smile, maybe on a hundred
    mornings.

Thanks

Mark

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    My tipping really depends on service. If its crap, nothing. If its good, I'll usually round it up to the nearest $5 or toss a couple extra in. If its great, I've been known to leave my number. I'm looking at you, Hooters girl from Merrillville... Still waiting..

Carry out, no. Pizza delivery, if I have any cash. Otherwise not really worried about it, as they already get an extra couple of bucks for a "delivery fee" from me anyways.

Top Bottom