• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Nope, all they do is hand it to you, not that hard. Unless they have to bring it to my table, manage my drinks, and actually provide a service, I don't see the point in a tip.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Im curious what Ingo does????

I goofed on my vote. We don't tip for carryout, as one person said, we do all the work, at least leg work that is. What we do tip for is Delivery, they use their own gas, vehicle, carry their own ins. etc., so for them bringing it to the house so that we don't have to go out, yea, we usually give them between $6 to $8 bucks. Just cuz....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It depends on if it is put to gether by the hoists or a waitres. The waitres works on tips not the hoists. Alot of restrunts by me the waitres put the order to gether.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    No I do not... Why would I tip for carry out??? WTF I am in the business and this doesn't even make since to me???

Depends on the restaurant. Some places have a person dedicated to putting together carryout orders and they are paid the same $2.13 as the servers. I generally tip around 10% if I know (or am unsure) thats the case.

You don't tip the cooks, cause they're making at least minimum wage. Same goes for the cashier at McDonald's.
    Tips are to make up for what the restaurants don't pay; it's a dumb system that I wish would go away. And if places started popping up that refused tips and paid their staff a reasonable rate, I'd start patronizing those more often. But until then, I'm not gonna screw over someone whose working for a living. It's just like taxes, its factored into my cost of getting food.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I do, especially if I go to a place where they "carry out" to your car. the person had to place the order together and carry it out. I usually don't tip as much since they don't come to my table and refill my drink or tuck in my napkin.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Yea, I try to tip often, and normally more than I should ,but I am just nice like that. I kinda like to think its a karma thing...and if I'm wrong,,then I was just taking care of my neighbor...

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Depends on the restaurant. Some places have a person dedicated to putting together carryout orders and they are paid the same $2.13 as the servers. I generally tip around 10% if I know (or am unsure) thats the case.

You don't tip the cooks, cause they're making at least minimum wage. Same goes for the cashier at McDonald's.
    Tips are to make up for what the restaurants don't pay; it's a dumb system that I wish would go away. And if places started popping up that refused tips and paid their staff a reasonable rate, I'd start patronizing those more often. But until then, I'm not gonna screw over someone whose working for a living. It's just like taxes, its factored into my cost of getting food.

I can only imagine you are referring to a restaurant that advertises having curb service. I still cannont think of one that does enough of this that they would devote an employee to this only.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

Example?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Assuming you mean, I pay, they hand it to me, and I carry it home--then no.

I can't remember the last time I've been to restaurant and used their curb side service--but my general rule is, if I have to do all the work AND pay, you don't get a tip for handing me a bag....but I'm thinking of McDonald's, BK, Pizza Hut, etc.

I was not aware of some of the other arrangements some restaurants have as mentioned above. If I knew somebody was only making $2.13/ hr plus tips, I would reconsider.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom