• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I can only imagine you are referring to a restaurant that advertises having curb service. I still cannont think of one that does enough of this that they would devote an employee to this only.

No, I've actually only had curb side once (at PF Changs). I know at Macaroni Grill on busy nights they have someone (or used to). A hostess would have to clock in under the server rate and spend her whole night just taking care of to-go orders. Chilli's and On the Border were like that too.
    I used to work at Saltgrass Steakhouse (they don't exist up here, but they're in a different league than Outback and Tx Roadhouse, for the same price) and to-go's were all on the bartender, who also got paid like a server.

My knowledge is as current as when I was in the industry 8 years ago, so things at those places may have changed.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I did last night because I had a beer and had two growlers filled while I waited for my order. Otherwise I don't at say a Chinese or pizza place.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I can only imagine you are referring to a restaurant that advertises having curb service. I still cannont think of one that does enough of this that they would devote an employee to this only.

I'm sure there are others, but I use Applebees to your car service. I will usually tip around 10%.

Edit: there sure are a lot of tightwads on INGO!!!!!

Ccook1065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I usually tip 10% on carryout and delivery. I don't consider fast food as carryout. For me, carryout is if I go to a sit down restaurant and order food only Togo, then I provide a tip. The folks putting this stuff together are not always making minimum wage and depend on tips. That said, they have to be polite if they want a tip from me. :)

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Do I? Nope. Should people? Probably. No matter who it is, you are being supplied a service. If you do not want to pay a small tip, stay home and have your lazy a$$ make dinner! I can say that because I do not purchase carry-out 99% of the time. The only reason I would choose not to is because I do not know who the tip is going to. I think those tips go in a jar at the end of the night and are split up amongst the employees. Not a good reason, but hey, I am being honest.

Best Regards,

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Do I? Nope. Should people? Probably. No matter who it is, you are being supplied a service. If you do not want to pay a small tip, stay home and have your lazy a$$ make dinner!
    You are already paying for the service. Thats why you pay more at the restaurant than the grocery store. Restaurants are just applying their wait staff to the carry out to help minimize their own payroll dollars. Why should they hour someone at $10.00 per hour if they can get the wait staff to do it so much cheaper? Sad reality, but that's pretty close to how it works. Why do you think Kalifornia waiters/waitresses want a mandated gratuity?

Top Bottom