• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    This thread was doomed from the beginning. Opinion based bull is no different than the snap on vs craftsman debate on another forum I frequent. The satirical theatrics are purely for entertainment. I used an Anderson based blackout to kill my deer this year and it has run flawlessly. I recently came into abcm lower so the Anderson is finding a new home where it will run reliably for generations to come. Get off the high horse and enjoy the jokes.

Snap on is better than crapsman ;). I have both

And I'm sorry to all, but Anderson is crap and PSA is becoming crap, thanks too the terrible coated parts kits in recent year. One mans opinion from expirience, flame on.​

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Not even close. Snap-on by a long shot. But now that I'm not turning wrenches for money, my Snap-ons are gone and I have Craftsman.

I would just like to say for the benefit of the thread, I have no problems buying an FN barrel, no matter who puts their name on it. :D

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Not even close. Snap-on by a long shot. But now that I'm not turning wrenches for money, my Snap-ons are gone and I have Craftsman.

I would just like to say for the benefit of the thread, I have no problems buying an FN barrel, no matter who puts their name on it. :D

Ill drink to that, Ive been pleased with the chf barrels thus far.

Have no problem with craftsman, cheaper to throw...

Farther distance to travel for warranty :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

as long as you buy the ones actualy made by FN for them (I know your hinting at psa). But it's not only the materials in an AR it's how they are assembled. Maybe it was just one drunk employee that was installing front sight posts crooked for PSA, I don't know but they've had other issues too. I am not totally against PSA like I used to be a couple years ago but I do tell people to atleast buy their premium line stuff if they choose psa. Not saying that the lower offerings from them won't work too, I'm just saying it's not as good as their premium line. Obviously psa thinks so too or they wouldn't call it premium and charge more for it lol. I'm sure fn isn't making their freedom stuff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just don't buy Klein Tools.
    I've broke one, and a buddy broke one. Using them correctly.
    A screwdriver, and pliers.
    Both resulted in gouges in the hand when the tool broke and a hand slammed onto the broken end.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    as long as you buy the ones actualy made by FN for them (I know your hinting at psa). But it's not only the materials in an AR it's how they are assembled. Maybe it was just one drunk employee that was installing front sight posts crooked for PSA, I don't know but they've had other issues too. I am not totally against PSA like I used to be a couple years ago but I do tell people to buy their premium stuff. Not saying that the lower offerings from them won't work too, I'm just saying it's not as good as their premium line. Obviously psa thinks so too or they wouldn't call it premium and charge more for it lol. I'm sure fn isn't making their freedom stuff.

They seem to be going away from the fn premium stuff in recent time, for whatever reason and starting with freedom chf, which who knows. When it takes almkst slapping a lower on wood too get a takedown pin loose due to the coated stuff they are using now, thats where i loose it. Rediculous really. Oiled or not.

Playimg advocate here, im not a big bcm freak either. Kmr is nice, but other stuff is good, nothing huge earth shattering, but good. Excellent and stupid accurate stuff, Larue:rockwoot:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Just don't buy Klein Tools.
    I've broke one, and a buddy broke one. Using them correctly.
    A screwdriver, and pliers.
    Both resulted in gouges in the hand when the tool broke and a hand slammed onto the broken end.

Klein used to be the best in the biz. Now Ideal makes decent tools and actually honors their warranty.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    as long as you buy the ones actualy made by FN for them (I know your hinting at psa). But it's not only the materials in an AR it's how they are assembled. Maybe it was just one drunk employee that was installing front sight posts crooked for PSA, I don't know but they've had other issues too. I am not totally against PSA like I used to be a couple years ago but I do tell people to atleast buy their premium line stuff if they choose psa. Not saying that the lower offerings from them won't work too, I'm just saying it's not as good as their premium line. Obviously psa thinks so too or they wouldn't call it premium and charge more for it lol. I'm sure fn isn't making their freedom stuff.

Yeah, you have to watch the branding with PSA. But I think Spikes and Noveske both throw around the "machine gun steel" and "double thickness chrome." I'm sure there are others using FN as well. But if I'm building a rifle, I'm probably not going to spend Noveske money on an FN barrel I can get for half the price from PSA or Spikes.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah, you have to watch the branding with PSA. But I think Spikes and Noveske both throw around the "machine gun steel" and "double thickness chrome." I'm sure there are others using FN as well. But if I'm building a rifle, I'm probably not going to spend Noveske money on an FN barrel I can get for half the price from PSA or Spikes.
    i own 2 factory noveske guns and a couple noveske barrels in builds. I do like noveske barrels still but I don't think they are the same high quality as when John was still alive. I do however believe they remove enough steel to account for the chrome they've added. Some manufacturers don't do this because they SUCK.
    id buy spikes over anything Noveske now except I do still think the noveske stainless barrels hold the edge except for longevity.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    i own 2 factory noveske guns and a couple noveske barrels in builds. I do like noveske barrels still but I don't think they are the same high quality as when John was still alive. I do however believe they remove enough steel to account for the chrome they've added. Some manufacturers don't do this because they SUCK.
    id buy spikes over anything Noveske now except I do still think the noveske stainless barrels hold the edge except for longevity.

I don't think anyone is removing steel from CHF barrels. And the chrome thickness is measured in millionths of an inch. I don't know if anyone doing CHF holds their mandrels to those kinds of tolerances. My guess is tolerances on those are between .0002 and .0005. But that's just spitballing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't think anyone is removing steel from CHF barrels. And the chrome thickness is measured in millionths of an inch. I don't know if anyone doing CHF holds their mandrels to those kinds of tolerances. My guess is tolerances on those are between .0002 and .0005. But that's just spitballing.
    I know POF does it (removes steel), so I was just assuming noveske did as well. I don't know for sure on noveske.

i guess "suck" was the wrong way to describe that non process, since now that I think about it colt and others probably don't either. That issue is "over my pay grade" LOL

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis

And I'm sorry to all, but Anderson is crap and PSA is becoming crap, thanks too the terrible coated parts kits in recent year. One mans opinion from expirience, flame on.​

I bought a set of the Craftsman USA slim-head ratchets. I am a huge fan, but Craftsman decided to discontinue them as soon as they appeared. I highly doubt if I ever utilize their warranty they will give me anything comparable.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I bought a set of the Craftsman USA slim-head ratchets. I am a huge fan, but Craftsman decided to discontinue them as soon as they appeared. I highly doubt if I ever utilize their warranty they will give me anything comparable.
    Didn't sears sell craftsman to a Chinese company recently? Say goodbye to the American line lol

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Didn't sears sell craftsman to a Chinese company recently? Say goodbye to the American line lol

They were owned by the parent company that owns matco at one time, who owns gearwrench, but now sold black and decker. Matco pinless swivel sockets were labeled craftsman for a short time for a fraction of the price.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They were owned by the parent company that owns matco at one time, who owns gearwrench, but now sold black and decker. Matco pinless swivel sockets were labeled craftsman for a short time for a fraction of the price.

That makes me wonder if rebuild kits for Matco ratchets will work in the Craftsman line. I really hope so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have a lot of Craftsman tools. Many are older and very well made. I have broken a few sockets and the sears store a mile from me always honored the warr.
    That store is closed now. If I do break anything else (have not had a tool failure for a good while and I do use them) I will just chuck it and get a new one on line. Easier than taking all the time involved.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a lot of Craftsman tools. Many are older and very well made. I have broken a few sockets and the sears store a mile from me always honored the warr.
    That store is closed now. If I do break anything else (have not had a tool failure for a good while and I do use them) I will just chuck it and get a new one on line. Easier than taking all the time involved.
    sears won't take them back anymore. Not sure where one would have to go now?
    i took a craftsman wrench I inherited (probably made back when your craftsman were made, back when they made good stuff) into sears for an exchange before they sold the brand and they were dicks about it. That was the one on Thompson near beech grove. I never have went into there again. Dicks
    i have a lot of old craftsman and snap on and mac tools left. Some I sold because they were duplicates. Old like 80's at least or some older. Now I just need to learn how to use them lol

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

Ace hardware does exhanges now, at least the 2 around me. Haven't been in a sears for a good long time. May see if an ace close to you does the same!

Top Bottom