• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Even with sears selling the brand to blackn decker ace will exchange? Good info to know just in case

Thus far they have been, talked to the owner about exchanges a couple weeks ago and said they were still doing it as normal. This was the Ace in plainfield. They only have the common stuff in stores, who knows about more specialty like impact swivels and such.

Tool boxes are like ARs as well! ;)

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    i don't know if I was still a twinkle while you were in Saigon or in diapers when you were running guns during Iran contra, or watching CNN while you were fighting sand fleas in the first gulf war? But when I joined pre-911 till '06 and then contracted after that, I already saw more mechanical failures than you did. Then as a fat civilian gun owner I've seen more than that personaly and of others guns. So I just want to tell you to go buy a lottery ticket because you have some good luck!

LOL. Now that's funny. While I sometimes feel that old, I'm not THAT old. Hint, when I reported to Parris Island, the M16A2 was fairly new and the M9 wasn't even fully fielded yet. Yes I did do my first pistol qual with a worn out 1911A1. First time I ever fired a semi-auto pistol. When I was new the average grunt had not quite gotten over the reputation issues of the older M16A1, and my first CO scheduled an all day live fire, each of us in the company fired just over 1000 rounds each, with orders to not clean, only oil, until the exercise was over. All our rifles were filthy, filled with carbon and dust from all the maneuvering. In the end we were all confident in the A2's capabilities. I saw my first M4 prototype in 1989, it would be a long time before I ever saw one again.

I've been told before that I must be charmed, as I've only ever gotten 1 lemon in my personal firearms history. Not a bad run since I've owned close to 200 guns over the years. I prefer to think I've got well calibrated eyeballs. My first personally owned AR was a collection of junk that I built, but it ran like a scalded dog. Didn't really like it a lot so after a couple of years I sold it, then came a PSA that I built from a kit, and it's still running hard, gets shot almost daily by the guy I sold it too. Assembled my nephews, assembled my BILs, both still running, but those were built from parts they could scrounge while living in the not so pro-gun state were they have to reside due to employment. They did listen as best they could while searching for parts. A good friend of mine, owns an Oly that he's had since the late 80s when that was almost all that could be found. We make fun of it as we are shooting it at the range. It's still chugging along.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    They seem to be going away from the fn premium stuff in recent time, for whatever reason and starting with freedom chf, which who knows. When it takes almkst slapping a lower on wood too get a takedown pin loose due to the coated stuff they are using now, thats where i loose it. Rediculous really. Oiled or not.

Playimg advocate here, im not a big bcm freak either. Kmr is nice, but other stuff is good, nothing huge earth shattering, but good. Excellent and stupid accurate stuff, Larue:rockwoot:

Actually the take down pins I've seen are not coated, they are black oxided, just got a set from PSA last Friday. If the pin is tight, have them replace it. Tight pins are not uncommon, even on .gov rifles.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Actually the take down pins I've seen are not coated, they are black oxided, just got a set from PSA last Friday. If the pin is tight, have them replace it. Tight pins are not uncommon, even on .gov rifles.

detents i meant. Ive gotten one replacement set of the same thing, not normal brass. All are a pain, pretty annoying really. No other rifles ive ever messed with are as rough as psa's new oxidised whatever crap.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    detents i meant. Ive gotten one replacement set of the same thing, not normal brass. All are a pain, pretty annoying really. No other rifles ive ever messed with are as rough as psa's new oxidised whatever crap.

Brass? The detents are plated steel. You do realize that the detents, springs and pins are common procurement items don't ya? PSA doesn't make those items, they get them from the same 1 or 2 manufacturers that everyone else uses. Not to rub it in too much, but mine are smooth as glass.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I can't wait till a quality AR comes out by Bryco or Jennings! Now that would be the best! An AR made by Taurus would obviously be the only way to go!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    images

Top Bottom