• Do you use Winter Tires?

• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Popularity of the exact time size plays a big role in cost as well. The sizes that fit popular cars, think Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Chevy Cruze. They will be less expensive because they're smaller but also because they get to take advantage of economies of scale too.

Personally I get excited if I can get close to $250/tire
    My truck's are $230 each, and my Jeep's are $500 each (37" Krawlers). Good tires ain't cheap.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Nobody makes all-season tires for my car, so yeah I'm stuck either buying winter tires, or not driving below 40 degrees, or possibly damaging expensive summer tires, or foregoing traction and performance. Not wanting to own a garage queen, I've opted to swap out my tires twice a year. Even with the winters, I had to adjust the rear size a bit, but the fronts matched. PITA, but I also have a 4x4 pickup and the wife has AWD, so life is good.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Nobody makes all-season tires for my car, so yeah I'm stuck either buying winter tires, or not driving below 40 degrees, or possibly damaging expensive summer tires, or foregoing traction and performance. Not wanting to own a garage queen, I've opted to swap out my tires twice a year. Even with the winters, I had to adjust the rear size a bit, but the fronts matched. PITA, but I also have a 4x4 pickup and the wife has AWD, so life is good.

What car and what tire size? My curiosity is piqued. I'm guessing some kind of sports car like a Corvette?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Is there anything you aren't an expert on?

Why are you still crying?

Stop trolling on INGO and get to work, all these butthurt guys feeling sorry for themselves because they live in the slums yet instead of working harder and bettering their life's they sit around and troll INGO.

As I said you will never make it with that attitude, now get it together, no excuses...

Now before you get butthurt and try to ban me remember it was YOU that trolled me!

I would think after 19 years of being out during the storm when everyone is tucked away in bed, I would know a thing or two about driving in crappy conditions, again never seen a pro using snow tires...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would think after 19 years of being out during the storm when everyone is tucked away in bed, I would know a thing or two about driving in crappy conditions, again never seen a pro using snow tires...

These guys?

012910_SnowplowCrash.jpg

:dunno: maybe if he had snow tires...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Why are you still crying?

Stop trolling on INGO and get to work, all these butthurt guys feeling sorry for themselves because they live in the slums yet instead of working harder and bettering their life's they sit around and troll INGO.

As I said you will never make it with that attitude, now get it together, no excuses...

Now before you get butthurt and try to ban me remember it was YOU that trolled me!

I'm just jealous of you is all. It's amazing how one man can be so perfect and know so much. Please teach me your ways oh wise one. I'm just a stupid troll and I need your guidance. Are you accepting applications for apprenticeships?!?!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm just jealous of you is all. It's amazing how one man can be so perfect and know so much. Please teach me your ways oh wise one. I'm just a stupid troll and I need your guidance. Are you accepting applications for apprenticeships?!?!

Because I can drive without snow tires and don't live in the slums?

You should really set your bar higher if that is all it takes to be a somebody...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

How many you see using all season passenger car tires? I'm guessing the same number as you've seen with snow tires.

The difference between a good all terrain truck tire and dedicated winter truck tire in the snow isn't that big. At least not big enough to justify the additional expense. And some common AT truck tires, like the BFG All-Terrain K02, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac, and General Grabber AT2, have the snowflake symbol on them.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Because I can drive without snow tires and don't live in the slums?

You should really set your bar higher if that is all it takes to be a somebody...

Teach me your ways! Do you even have a house of your own and a pet doggo or two? Inspiring!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Personally I'm giving serious consideration to living in a state where the OP would have been answered with the question; "What's this "snow tire" thing you speak of?":rockwoot:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Personally I'm giving serious consideration to living in a state where the OP would have been answered with the question; "What's this "snow tire" thing you speak of?":rockwoot:

(coming from farther north than I live now) Aren't we?

I mean, judging from observations in store parking lots, most people in these parts seem to think the steel threads in tires are for traction.

Top Bottom