Doctors Fight the NRA Over Gun Safety (Yahoo Article)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is what we all need to do more. Put yourself in control and surround yourself with like minded people.
    We should not be subjected to this unless we choose to be. JMHO.
    I am lucky enough that my Doc. understands. If he did not I know where the door is. I walked in through it.

Yep!
    I don't care about no gun signs either.n 2 of my doctors know i,carry regardless

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I haven't run into this with my Doctors. I have a general practitioner, a dentist, and a cardiologist. They're all conservatives, against Obamacare, and one of them enjoys fishing and hunting. Have never talked about guns with any of them or been asked, other than a brief discussion of hunting and fishing trips. If I did feel infringed upon, I think I'd find a replacement. From my experience, I seems like finding a pro-gun doctor would have about the same chances as finding any other pro-gun person in the general public.

My Denist is an old military Doc. Picture of him on the wall with in uniform with a beretta. My optometrist is a hunter and I tell him to make sure I can see the front sight. My familiy doctor was all excited about his new Wilson CQB Elite and had to share. Then told me not to tell his wife who just so happens to be my employers HR lady.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    My Denist is an old military Doc. Picture of him on the wall with in uniform with a beretta. My optometrist is a hunter and I tell him to make sure I can see the front sight. My familiy doctor was all excited about his new Wilson CQB Elite and had to share. Then told me not to tell his wife who just so happens to be my employers HR lady.

It's a small world, after all... LoL

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I had an X-ray last week, and the technician takes me to a room and hands me a gown. She tells me to undress, put my clothes in a cabinet, but take anything of value into the room with me. As she's walking out, I tell her that I have a pistol on me. She turns around, looks at it, and says bring it on in.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I had an X-ray last week, and the technician takes me to a room and hands me a gown. She tells me to undress, put my clothes in a cabinet, but take anything of value into the room with me. As she's walking out, I tell her that I have a pistol on me. She turns around, looks at it, and says bring it on in.

I always give my gun to my wife when I go to the ER for an X-ray. Unfortunately that seems to happen often enough that she just sort of accepts it as part of the visit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom