• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    does anyone hear believe that there is no chance of the economy/country collapsing or that it might be saved soon or eventually? is so why?

i want to hear what the "other" side thinks.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    does anyone hear believe that there is no chance of the economy/country collapsing or that it might be saved soon or eventually? is so why?

i want to hear what the "other" side thinks.

theres always a chance. will it happen? probably not. however, im not willing to bank mine and my familys survival on that probably. ill be ready, whatever happens. ive got my fingers crossed though.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Open ended

You leave your question a bit too open ended. Logically I would have to say that there is a chance that this might not happen or that it might not happen during my lifetime. If you view it in a historical sense however, how many countries have not had a WTSHTF scenario in the past 100 years? The odds are that something will happen, but saying exactly what or when is mere speculation. My motto is that it is best to prepare for a broad spectrum of events and be prepared to enjoy life if they don't happen.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I believe our government will save us from such a scenario... that's what there for right?!? I fully expect within my or my daughters life, on some level it will happen on a regional level. If you ask NO, it happened there. Same with 42 & Post for a short while. There are many levels of SHTF and survival, I would plan for the worst and succeed when the easy happens.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    well im talking about what other countries are saying about america collapsing. that's what i mean. i meant another depression type SHTF soon.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There may be a SHTF scenario for any variety of reasons: natural disaster, natural disease, man made disasters, society really doesn't have too far to slide if you ask some..

To what degree and for what kind of duration is the big question that nobody can prepare for.

I'd love to be able to downplay and scoff at all the preppers. But there is most certainly a problem with our society. It is NOT getting better. And it won't magically heal itself.

So yeah, I prep. I don't know what I'm prepping for exactly. But I might be better off for it.

Or I might be wasting my $.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hmmmm? KATRINA? 9-11-2001, just a couple off the top of my head, wonder how many people in the worst of Katrina who had to get the hell out of Dodge wish they had a bugout bag ready that day?:dunno:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Hmmmm? KATRINA? 9-11-2001, just a couple off the top of my head, wonder how many people in the worst of Katrina who had to get the hell out of Dodge wish they had a bugout bag ready that day?:dunno:

no doubt. thats why i have a bug out bag, and try to keep a full tank of gas.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i dont think its going to happen... thats why i sold all my guns and ammo... and i dont really have a whole lot of freeze dried food, or fuel, or other survival gear stockpiled.... nor do i have several bug out locations that i can go to depending on the type of event.... so no, i am not a believer ;)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    We had a tornado come Thur our little town about 7 or 8 years ago we did not have power for 10 days so you have to be prepared to take care of yourself and family for at least a short period of time at minimum, if it was a regional or nation wide catastrophe it would take allot longer than that for anyone to come and help you.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    We had a tornado come Thur our little town about 7 or 8 years ago we did not have power for 10 days so you have to be prepared to take care of yourself and family for at least a short period of time at minimum, if it was a regional or nation wide catastrophe it would take allot longer than that for anyone to come and help you.
    that wouldn't be newburg would it?
    I flew down there to setup the ID system for contractors and residents to get through the National Guard checkpoints. (also part of organized long-term recovery)
    For people living there, it was chaos.
    The trailer park survivors were not allowed to return to their homesites to recover anything except for a 15minute mad-dash organized by IDHS. yet, reporters and others were wading through the mess. (and they shouldn't have been because there was some septic mess due to the tornado).

In a tornado, there really is not much of a warning.
    Even so, make sure you have your 72-hour kit ready (and adjust bug-out items in your BOB according to season).
    http://www.hcrn.info/manuals/Disaster_Supplies_Kits_Other_Essential_Supplies.pdf

Regarding original post,
    YES, most definitely something will happen.
    It always does.

That is why the government and even companies have planned for many disaster scenarios.
    It would be wise to follow their lead (within the bounds of the law).

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    In a way yes. I think the powers that be want absolute power but the thing is I dont think they will ever work together enough to get the outcome they want. In the bible in proverbs it says basically that corrupt men will never unite they will always be battling for power amongst themselves therefore a total tin foil hat SHTF scenerio I dont think will happen. I am more worried about the condition of the heart and intentions of everyday people than I am an "evil" government. Forgive the rambling.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    i dont think its going to happen... thats why i sold all my guns and ammo... and i dont really have a whole lot of freeze dried food, or fuel, or other survival gear stockpiled.... nor do i have several bug out locations that i can go to depending on the type of event.... so no, i am not a believer ;)

My thoughts exactly. What could go wrong??? Obama got elected and since every problem in the world was caused by Bush, Obama can fix it all.

America will adapt and overcome. I don't think it'd be all bad for everyone in this country to have a brief period 1 - 6 months of government being shutdown and problems between neighbors being settled out of court so to speak.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    waiting for the zombies from 28 days :D - NO it's not likely and I believe too many people overreact - a tornado or similar incident is always possible but that's the risk you live with in the midwest - but that is the extent really

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009

+1

wish i was that prepared!

Pray for the best, prepare for the worst!! :ingo:

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    What is the worst that COULD happen?

+1 0n most of the above. Just stay calm and thoughtful. I leave it up to you to make a determination on what is "worst" from your perspective. But there are a few things true, no matter what you think. Get out of debt; eat corn-bread and beans or whatever until you are free. Spend your disposable income wisely: tithe to your church (optional, but a lot of folks will be looking to your churches for help); divide your remaining income eight ways (optional): ⅛ on daily food; ⅛ on food for survival ( intend to donate some of my 30 boxes of MREs to my local food-bank if no SHTF event happens within 24 mo. -- that's how old my MRE-pantry is ); ⅛ on barter goods (canned, bottled, booze [a fifth of J.D.#5 could fill your gas-tank], tobacco, soap, etc. other 'wampum' like feminine necessities ); ⅛ on stored fuel (Diesel, gas, wood, propane, etc.); ⅛ on survival equipment (augment what you now have); ⅛ on weapons (alarms [silent sentinels], guns, ammo, powder, etc. Some of this may be barter-goods also); ⅛ on "real money": silver-dollars, small gold pcs., some $20s may come in handy for just awhile; ⅛ in my pockets for anything I forgot. I'm basically doing this, and the list is just an approximate division of what I'm doing. Anybody else doing likewise? If nothing happens, I can go hunting, or stay home and sip Jack. Pat

Last edited:

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    imagine yourself and your family sitting in the RCA/HOOSIER/LUCAS OIL stadium getting guberment handouts ,Just remember the pics of Katrina
    do you really want your family to set through that

Top Bottom