Does anyone else not care about what happens in Syria?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It is the nature of the internet methinks. Even in the closest-knit communities, most threads look like two seagulls fighting over a rotten cheese sandwich.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    Point me to a link as to why the powers that be do care, gotta be DOLLARS involved some how,if anyone knows.Is there a pipe line? or plans for one?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    And this is relevant to the present.....how? Stick to the issue.

:)::laugh::lol2::lmfao::laugh6:

YOU are going to advise others to stick to the issue? The guy who drags General Westmoreland's unrealized plans to use nuclear weapons in Vietnam into a thread asserting America used illegal chemical weapons within the last 10 years?

Try to stick to the issue.

That said, to address the topic at hand (lest I be told to stick to the topic by people who can't stick to a topic) I personally don't give a rat's *** about the Syrians. Neither the Syrian government, nor the Syrian rebels, are friends of this country. In fact, they are far more likely to be our enemies than they are to be our friends. So the best thing we can do when our enemies are killing each other, is sit back and enjoy the show.

Last edited:

Bull1315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Terre Haute
    We dont need to be in Syria. Firing a few missles on any target there will not change anything to the good for us or them. We can strike an empty field and there will be allegations we killed innocent civilians. Not to mention the Iranians being an ally to Syria and a Russian naval base in country to boot. As a country, We need to sit this one out. Just my two cents.

hntrroy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    Winslow IN
    We dont need to be in Syria. Firing a few missles on any target there will not change anything to the good for us or them. We can strike an empty field and there will be allegations we killed innocent civilians. Not to mention the Iranians being an ally to Syria and a Russian naval base in country to boot. As a country, We need to sit this one out. Just my two cents.

I totally agree!! and those serving with me agree as well. I cannot speak for all the military, just for those I happen to be serving with right now. Any action by the U.S. will be spun into a negative. Personally, I don't see any positive outcome for us. we need to steer clear of this and let them take care of themselves. If we want to be involved then we could assist with medical and other humanitarian services. In my opinion, that would be the only way to make a positive impact in this situation. But then again- we have to be careful of who we provide any support to for fear of being viewed as taking sides. We need to stay nuetral and not influence the outcome. Since there really is no known threat to our interests (that I am aware of), we should just stay out militarily. My opinion and nothing more.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana

Y
    That said, to address the topic at hand (lest I be told to stick to the topic by people who can't stick to a topic) I personally don't give a rat's *** about the Syrians. Neither the Syrian government, nor the Syrian rebels, are friends of this country. In fact, they are far more likely to be our enemies than they are to be our friends. So the best thing we can do when our enemies are killing each other, is sit back and enjoy the show.

...said the man with wind whistling up his skirt with a flute in his mouth.

Trolling again, I see.

I've looked at your post history. Rarely....and I mean very rarely, do you have anything at all to say about guns. You are a troll, boy. Go back to your bedroom in the basement.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    ...said the man with wind whistling up his skirt with a flute in his mouth.

Trolling again, I see.

I've looked at your post history. Rarely....and I mean very rarely, do you have anything at all to say about guns. You are a troll, boy. Go back to your bedroom in the basement.

I thought you were putting me on your ignore list?

At least I have the ability to stick to a topic.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Like a dung beetle sticks to ... well, dung. You simply troll the site, pass out reps to get your own rep up, have little positive to say and no proof that you even own a firearm.

Troll.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I would state opinions but they matter not bc
    one of the biggest scams since the
    fed reserve "THE WAR ON TERROR"is about
    evil men with evil motives for personal gain!
    War is big business for certain companies etc.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Like a dung beetle sticks to ... well, dung. You simply troll the site, pass out reps to get your own rep up, have little positive to say and no proof that you even own a firearm.

Troll.

As fascinating as I am, and as much as you like talking about me, I'm not the topic at hand. Try to stick to the topic at hand. And based on your posts attacking my views (and me), it looks like you want to go to war in Syria. Is that correct?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    The only reason I care is because obummer is sticking "our" collective noses were it doesn't belong and Russia , China and Iran said they wouldn't take too kindly to any intervention in Syria .

IMO , our guberment is trying it's damnedest get us into WW3 .

If it weren't for that , I wouldn't care if they all killed each other today . IMO , one drop of American blood is worth more than the whole freakin lot of 'em .

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I care a about what happens in Syria.

Both sides are our enemies.

I hope the completely annihilate each other.

^^ This ^^
    We have no friends in this fight. It is unfortunate that innocents are caught in the crossfire, but that is the history of war and conflict. We should take a step back and let the blood and carnage rest at the feet of those who could actually do something about it... Russia, China, and Iran, which should be clearly pointed out (uselessly I'm sure) by the rest of the UN.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Point me to a link as to why the powers that be do care, gotta be DOLLARS involved some how,if anyone knows.Is there a pipe line? or plans for one?

I agree money is a factor. War is big business. War is good for defense industry profits. War is good for our unemployment problem. Who benefits? Manufacturers of armored vehicles, aircraft, technology, firearms, munitions, uniforms, missiles, drones...you name it.

Who doesn't benefit: the national deficit and the American taxpayer. :spend:

Top Bottom