Does anyone see an improvement in the economy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have to say no as to the economy getting any better. Received a 1% increase in pay, but my benefit package went up 40% more on medical and dental and vision. Going to the grocery store,walking out with less but spending more also. In the past until now was buying a side of beef processed came to 2.65 a pound was informed that will go up by 50%. new and used car prices are higher also. So where is the economy getting better?? then we add the fuel, heating oil-gas prices, electric increases, water sewage increases. Must have been living too good in the past!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Nope. Went to WM to get milk. 2% was $4.86 gl. So no way.

Costco is up to $2.29/gallon.

I work for BF Goodrich. We are working 24/7. Production isn't quite up to where it was a few years ago, (~19,000/day) but they are wanting to get back there and beyond. (~28,000) The reasons we aren't there yet is more due to internal issues, and it is affecting our market share. We are getting ready to release some new All Terrains, new tread and new compound, which means new equipment. So for us, it seems things are pretty good.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Bottom line, automobile production is the indicator of the economy, has been for 100 years and still is. All else springs from this, housing, building, insurance, banks etc..

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Bottom line, automobile production is the indicator of the economy, has been for 100 years and still is. All else springs from this, housing, building, insurance, banks etc..

You have taken a simplistic and flawed view. The automotive industry is still significant, but we are not living in a time 50 to 75 years past in which every fourth job was directly tied to the automobile. This argument also would appear to suggest that if a limited segment of the economy is doing well, then everyone is doing well. It reminds me of all the crowing about how wonderful things were when Clinton was in office when I couldn't buy a job.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Government and it's cronies are the measurement of the economy today, if they're getting fat, times is A-OK. Big banks, insurance, and similar institutions. Everything else doesn't count.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Government and it's cronies are the measurement of the economy today, if they're getting fat, times is A-OK. Big banks, insurance, and similar institutions. Everything else doesn't count.

Very reminiscent of the last 'recovery' under a Democrat administration in the middle to late 1990's when everything was supposed to be so rosy, which represented the worst years of my life trying to find work. Of course, under a Republican administration, we could all be so rich we could afford to burn green cash in the fireplace, and the media would swear the entire country was living in squalor.

Sybaris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I drive by the feed bins on either side of 37 in Bloomington every evening on my way home and the lots are full. Seems like some people's situation has improved enough to throw their money away on over priced fodder.

Top Bottom