• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've spearheaded group buys, and I've learned a few lessons:
    1. In the future, I will only enter into a group buy with people I know and trust adequately. I might participate in one with someone I don't know, but no way in hell am I going organize one with strangers or people I don't know well enough again.
    2. You need to pick one specific product, get a firm price and quantity requirement from your source, and only then ask people if if they are interested in that one item you are buying. Leaving things open-ended or allowing different items can (and will) doom the whole project.
    3. Stick with your deadlines. If people place an order in good faith on time, you need to order the stuff and get it delivered even if someone else asks you to wait a while until the are willing to commit.
    4. Good service on a deal like this is worth paying a little extra.
    5. Reliable service is worth paying a little more extra.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Rhino, good reminder .

"Who else wants to do a 1000 pcs buy (minimum) of 22-250 or 223 in the 55 grain V-Max by Labor day, 2008. Let's see what kind of numbers we can see in the next 3 weeks."

When we get a count, I'll get a firm price. No interest, I'll do our usual buy in Spring, no big deal.

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Well Sorry for the slang terms i have used in the past i didn't know this was a spelling bee. Oh well ! Well what kind of price are we talking on the 223 55 grain v-max

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Let's get the thread back on topic and away from anyone's ability (or inability) to compose a legible and coherent sentence. I'm also moving this thread away from the Suggestions forum and into General.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Smooth, the 55 Gr V-Max we order is $390 per thousand (223). Does not sound like a deal against Wally W, but this is great, reloadable, ACCURATE ammo, I have 3 guns that shoot near half inch at 100 yards withthis load. If we can get the count up above 10K, we can save more. If we can get a count over the next 3 weeks, we can get a deal locked in. What do you think?

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    I myself could do 1000. I was also thinking of giving aimpoint a call and see what they could do on a price break if ordered in bulk. Just to see! I think we could get 10K. that is just ten people i have some freinds who might be interested.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Please let me know what you find, I have a few friend that might help bump to 10 K of you are buying varmint rounds we can shoot. If you have a link to what ammo you are considering, please post it.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Group purchase of ammo for INGun members only.

I bet that a shop or FFL
    who had decent connections would or could facilitate
    a decent priced group ammo buy of NIB brass cased
    ammo for us. Case lots only, cash up front - I'm in

I was a FFL dealer up to 2002 and just sent in my application for a new license so I can restart my business. I only sold to friends, neighbors and co-workers as I had a full time plus job. Now I am retired and looking for something to keep active. I will probably not be up and running for a month or more as I have to wait for approval of the FFL and then get my State of Indiana License to sell handguns and my Indiana retail merchant certificate for sales tax collection before starting up.

Once that is completed I will have to set up a couple accounts with wholesalers again. One I dealt with quite often was RSR Wholesale Guns, Inc. They always did a great job for me. I only have their 1998 catalog to reference. Quantity pricing back then was 10 boxes or two cases, and dealer cost is around 30% under retail on many of the items, some even better.

If enough INGun's members are serious about a group purchase when the time comes I am open to make the purchase if people pay up front and we have a central place to disburse the ammo to all the buyers one time if possible. I will put a very minimum markup plus sales tax on the individual orders. Shipping costs would be divided according to the percentage of individual orders against the total order to be fair to everyone. I would get a quote for the entire order including shipping costs up front before any order is made and everyone involved would get their exact cost and have to pay everything up front. Everyone would know what I am paying, what I marked it up and the shipping cost.

Myself I would be looking for .22lr-38special-.357mag-44mag and 45long colt. It seems like 9mm is popular as well as .40 and .45auto. Is this anything members might be interested in me working on once I get back in business?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom