• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    My wife currently carries an LCP but I am trying to convert her to 9mm. The LC9 would be the logical conversion however if she is going to make the switch she would like the following functions on our new purchase:

Must be LCP size or close to it (she is 5 foot 100lbs, hard to conceal a larger gun)
    Prefers a 6 round or higher magazine
    Must have lever/manual safety
    Short trigger pull or have hammer
    9mm
    Reliable (we live in the hood...ok not really)

Am I describing a gun that doesn't exist?

If it does exist what should I be shopping for?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    If the trigger pull on the LC9 is too long/heavy, maybe look into the Kimber Solo?
    I have no experience with it, but I looked it up when I read your post and it seems it will fill the role you specify.

GL

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    My wife currently carries an LCP but I am trying to convert her to 9mm. The LC9 would be the logical conversion however if she is going to make the switch she would like the following functions on our new purchase:

Must be LCP size or close to it (she is 5 foot 100lbs, hard to conceal a larger gun)
    Prefers a 6 round or higher magazine
    Must have lever/manual safety
    Short trigger pull or have hammer
    9mm
    Reliable (we live in the hood...ok not really)

Am I describing a gun that doesn't exist?

If it does exist what should I be shopping for?

I am in the same boat at the moment. But I don't think an LCP sized 9mm exists, and would likely be so hard to shoot accurately if it did, I wouldn't want it. I have enough trouble with accuracy on the LCP. I am 5'3" b ut think I could conceal a slightly larger gun. I am looking at the following:

Ruger SR9c (really nice short trigger and nice looking gun! Well, what do you expect? I AM a woman :)
    S&W M&P9c

Good luck with the search!

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Kahr cm9, you may have to make a couple sacrifices from your list, but it would be worth looking at imo, there's a good thread about the comparison between the LC9 and the CM9 here.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Its a little bigger than the Lcp, but check out a Sig P6. I think the P225 is roughly the same gun.(not sure on that model #, might be a 228)
    Its a single stacked 9MM Fairly thin. Like I said its bigger, but if I was going for a smaller 9mm this would be my choice.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    The EMP by springfield armory is perfect minus the $1000 price tag : ) The Kahr...close but not exactly what i was looking for...the rugers great gun good price...and i saw a m&p 9c for sale on here for $450 today but its about a 3 hour drive to get it...soooo tack on $60-70 in gas money.

Each of these suggestions has been awesome! If there are any others that come to mind, your help is much appreciated!

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Its a little bigger than the Lcp, but check out a Sig P6. I think the P225 is roughly the same gun.(not sure on that model #, might be a 228)
    Its a single stacked 9MM Fairly thin. Like I said its bigger, but if I was going for a smaller 9mm this would be my choice.

Now the Sig would be perfect! Any sellers out there?

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Now the Sig would be perfect! Any sellers out there?

Ummm....the P6 is not much smaller than a full size gun, hardly comparable to the LCP. If she can carry a gun that size, there are a lot of choices.

As far as I know, there is nothing with a safety lever in LCP size in 9mm. The Ruger LC9 is about an inch bigger in both height and length, I believe. I'd check out the Kimber Solo, it has a safety lever.

Here is a chart that may help you out:

http://mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Was going to suggest the great Kahr PM9 which is my constant companion, but your requirement for manual safety negated that. Then I was going to suggest the Kimber Solo since it is about the same size but has a manual safety, but then you said external hammer, so I was going to say the Sig P290 but with the issues Sig has been having, I can't recommend it.

So it is back to the Kahr PM9 which if I am not mistaken is now available with an external safety. Check their website, I believe the safety equipped PM9 is very new.

Edit, I was right, expensive but seems to be made to order.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-PM9-w-External-Safety-and-LCI.asp

The trigger pull of the PM9 is great!

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I don't think an LCP sized 9mm exists, and would likely be so hard to shoot accurately if it did, I wouldn't want it.!

The Kimber Solo Carry is actually smaller than the LC9, and has a long, yet very smooth trigger pull. Very nice piece!

I just may have to take that back :) I just read a couple reviews that said the Kimber solo is nice to shoot. hmmmmm

...........................Ht... Lngth.. Barrel ..Width... Weight.. Capacity
    Kimber Solo 9mm... 3.9”.. 5.5”....2.7”...... 1.2” ....17 oz..... 6+1
    Ruger LCP....380... 3.6" ..5.16 ...2.75"..... 0.82" ...9.4oz .....6+1

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The kimber solo is an awsome gun , we have had 3 in at work , they stay maybe a day before someone buys ...
    The LC9 is the same way we have had 1 it didn't even make it to the display case before a guy bought it ...

The LC9 is under $500

the Kimber Solo is around $750
    :ingo::patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom