• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My wife currently carries an LCP but I am trying to convert her to 9mm. The LC9 would be the logical conversion however if she is going to make the switch she would like the following functions on our new purchase:

Must be LCP size or close to it (she is 5 foot 100lbs, hard to conceal a larger gun)
    Prefers a 6 round or higher magazine
    Must have lever/manual safety
    Short trigger pull or have hammer
    9mm
    Reliable (we live in the hood...ok not really)

Am I describing a gun that doesn't exist?

If it does exist what should I be shopping for?

Here is the perfect 9MM handgun for your wife Rohrbaugh Firearms

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm very interested in the new Kimber Solo. I really want to see one and hold first. Compare it to the other pocket guns. So far, I haven't been able to locate one in stock anywhere.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Not saying it is the perfect carry 9, but it is very small and very easy to conceal. Not the cheapest gun I've ever bought, but for what it cost, my family and I are worth it.
    picture.php

ChicagoZman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Lake County
    Have held and dry fired the Solo. IMO the trigger is much better than the LC9. But you'll have a hard time locating one and it will cost you dearly ($700+) when you do.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I've read the Kimber Solo's were pretty finicky about ammo. Spending that kind of money I'd like something that can reliably eat the basic 115gr and 124gr target ammo I pick up so that I can practice (e.g., WWB, American Eagle, S&B).

Anyone heard or experienced otherwise? I'm very interested in both the Solo and the new Kahr CM9.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've read the Kimber Solo's were pretty finicky about ammo. Spending that kind of money I'd like something that can reliably eat the basic 115gr and 124gr target ammo I pick up so that I can practice (e.g., WWB, American Eagle, S&B).

Anyone heard or experienced otherwise? I'm very interested in both the Solo and the new Kahr CM9.
    I've actually read a review that said it was finicky on ammo and then immediately read another that said it would eat whatever you feed it. If you look hard enough, you can find whatever you're seeking, good or bad.

I'm just interested enough that I want to get one in my own hands and decide for myself.

Now if I could just find one......

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Taurus 709 Slim.

Take a look at the Taurus 709 or 740 slim. They are easy to conceal and reliable. I gave one to my daughter for carry after the obligatory 500 round test without problems. She love it as an EDC.

stacks067

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    New Haven
    The Sig P290 is about the same size as the ruger lcp, but weighs about 8 ounces more. Sigs are very reliable and saw a review that said the 290's recoil is more manageable than the lcp. Have her get her hands on one to see if it feels good.

Top Bottom