• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Yep.. Your personal feelings will keep me up at night.. If people kept their animals and pets contained and under control, you would never know about those that don't tolerate that behavior.
    I bet those two women would have been very happy if someone intervened with a firearm when they were getting mauled..
    What do you think ?
    So you would have just drove by and not pulled over and intervened ?

I would most certainly have intervened, much to the detriment of the dogs. Simply because a dog bites me I'm not going to light it up. If it continues to do so then, yes. Fido is going to have a few new holes in himself.

Don't fret about it, your thoughts and feeling are the furthest thing from my mind once I click away from this thread.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Maybe it's a dumb question, but who wouldn't take pride in saving someone's life? Even if it means I have to kill Fido.

There's nothing wrong with saving someone from harm or death. It's when someone simply decides that when he gets bit it's time to break out the gun and shoot something.

The last one that bit me was a Chow, one of us is alive.
    That dog smelled my hands when we met and as I walked up the front steps it circled around behind me and bit me around the knee..
    I shot it.. Then and there.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    There's nothing wrong with saving someone from harm or death. It's when someone simply decides that when he gets bit it's time to break out the gun and shoot something.
    :biggun:
    :mullet:
    'Merica!

And maybe an animal shouldn't bite you if it wants to live. My grandfather's dog bit me on my face when I was a kid. He let it live. Then it bit my cousin. It never made it back from that last walk into the woods. I'm thinking my cousin would've appreciated the dog being put down after it bit me.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

So Arthur, now I'm at a loss, are we supposed to preemptively shoot the dog before we get bit then ??

Or wait until its all over and then shot the animal or wait for the dog catcher / policeman to take it away and him / her send it to never never land ??

So if biting is not a reason to put down a animal, what would YOU do to stop a animal that is attacking,maiming, disfiguring a human or other animal.
    Call Peta ??

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :biggun:
    :mullet:
    'Merica!

And maybe an animal shouldn't bite you if it wants to live. My grandfather's dog bit me on my face when I was a kid. He let it live. Then it bit my cousin. It never made it back from that last walk into the woods. I'm thinking my cousin would've appreciated the dog being put down after it bit me.

Apparently Pappy liked your cousin more!

MacAttack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2015
    Under your bed

Let me tell you a quick story. About a year and a half ago, I got two puppies from my brother, male and a female. That female, as she grew up, always had a scared/mean streak in her. Always barking and snarling at people along the fence, and she went after her bother unprovoked several times. In the space of two months, she had bit my brother and a trainer deep enough to draw blood. My wife wanted one more chance to break her of it, and I stupidly gave in. A month later, she nipped at a neighborhood kid. Didn't draw blood, but I flat out told my wife either we took the dog and put it down, or I'd take it out to the woods and do it myself. It had proven that it could not be broken or trained. We had tried everything with that dog - trainers, clicker training, hell even a shock collar. It wasn't a question of if she would attack anyone, but when. I did the responsible thing and took that away from her.

Some dogs are trained badly, yes. I get that there are good dogs raised by bad people. But some are just plain evil. Either way, if I see a dog attacking my child, that dog will not live past the end of that encounter, be it by a bullet or my bare hands. Period, end of sentence. Any dog that bites hard enough to draw blood unprovoked is a danger and should be eliminated.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Let me tell you a quick story. About a year and a half ago, I got two puppies from my brother, male and a female. That female, as she grew up, always had a scared/mean streak in her. Always barking and snarling at people along the fence, and she went after her bother unprovoked several times. In the space of two months, she had bit my brother and a trainer deep enough to draw blood. My wife wanted one more chance to break her of it, and I stupidly gave in. A month later, she nipped at a neighborhood kid. Didn't draw blood, but I flat out told my wife either we took the dog and put it down, or I'd take it out to the woods and do it myself. It had proven that it could not be broken or trained. We had tried everything with that dog - trainers, clicker training, hell even a shock collar. It wasn't a question of if she would attack anyone, but when. I did the responsible thing and took that away from her.

Some dogs are trained badly, yes. I get that there are good dogs raised by bad people. But some are just plain evil. Either way, if I see a dog attacking my child, that dog will not live past the end of that encounter, be it by a bullet or my bare hands. Period, end of sentence. Any dog that bites hard enough to draw blood unprovoked is a danger and should be eliminated.

Danggggg.. So why did your dog get sleepy sleep after the third time it bit, but you would shoot someone else's dog for biteing your child maybe for the first time ?
    Your dog should have been destroyed shortly after it bit your brother..
    A little hypocritical don't you think ?
    I bet the trainer and the neighborhood child would have been much happier if they never would have been bitten.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I would most certainly have intervened, much to the detriment of the dogs. Simply because a dog bites me I'm not going to light it up. If it continues to do so then, yes. Fido is going to have a few new holes in himself.

Don't fret about it, your thoughts and feeling are the furthest thing from my mind once I click away from this thread.

Saying one dog bite is ok is the same as saying one punch is ok...

If a dog bites a person there is a problem.

Some think they can just fight a dog off or possibly even shoot it once it attacks you but it doesn't work that way.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

So Arthur, now I'm at a loss, are we supposed to preemptively shoot the dog before we get bit then ??

Or wait until its all over and then shot the animal or wait for the dog catcher / policeman to take it away and him / her send it to never never land ??

So if biting is not a reason to put down a animal, what would YOU do to stop a animal that is attacking,maiming, disfiguring a human or other animal.
    Call Peta ??

If you or someone else is getting mauled go ahead and shoot it. Some dogs bite because they are territorial, like Chows. Shoot whatever you want whenever you want. Don't let me stop you.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    There's nothing wrong with saving someone from harm or death. It's when someone simply decides that when he gets bit it's time to break out the gun and shoot something.[/QUOTE]

I'll ask again, So when Arthur in your opinion when and how do YOU yourself intervene when someone has or is being bitten or the attack is still going on.
    You seem to be contradictory in your statements here.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    There's nothing wrong with saving someone from harm or death. It's when someone simply decides that when he gets bit it's time to break out the gun and shoot something.[/QUOTE]

I'll ask again, So when Arthur in your opinion when and how do YOU yourself intervene when someone has or is being bitten or the attack is still going on.
    You seem to be contradictory in your statements here.

I'll answer you, again. Nothing contradictory about it.

If you or someone else is getting mauled go ahead and shoot it. Some dogs bite because they are territorial, like Chows. Shoot whatever you want whenever you want. Don't let me stop you.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I guess Arthur you just can't grasp the topic of " YOU " not me and not other people.. My question asks what would YOU do.

I'll ask again, So when Arthur in your opinion when and how do YOU yourself intervene when someone has or is being bitten or the attack is still going on

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I guess Arthur you just can't grasp the topic of " YOU " not me and not other people.. My question asks what would YOU do.

I'll ask again, So when Arthur in your opinion when and how do YOU yourself intervene when someone has or is being bitten or the attack is still going on

Depends on the situation. There is no one size fits all solution to everything.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Depends on the situation. There is no one size fits all solution to everything.

Oh Please Arthur, you're dancing,. where is the line in the sand when you offensively protect others and yourself when someone or yourself is being attacked,bitten or held in place / cornered buy a dog.. When do YOU pull the old smokepole...

Top Bottom