• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    I have known people to keep dogs like this. For reasons that make zero sense to me. People 1st. Always. Especially children.

Zero sense indeed. Get another one who grows up with the kids as part of the pack if you love dogs so much. But keep your kids safe wtf - isnt that a parents very first job?

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have a psycho shepherd I do not trust around anyone, except around the kids 100%. Weird. Dangerous dog, yes. Worried, yes, but not for me and mine.

gbxXFC2.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a psycho shepherd I do not trust around anyone, except around the kids 100%. Weird. Dangerous dog, yes. Worried, yes, but not for me and mine.

gbxXFC2.jpg

That describes our Doberman. He was unusually large. Very aggressive if he picked up from me I did not like someone.
    But he loved us, the kids and people that were around regularly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd think folks with the vicious dogs that love the kids would worry about the dogs getting senile or whatever you call it in dogs?

My folks have had dogs that got meaner as they got older, at some point forgetting old relationships.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'd think folks with the vicious dogs that love the kids would worry about the dogs getting senile or whatever you call it in dogs?

My folks have had dogs that got meaner as they got older, at some point forgetting old relationships.

I've seen this in two shepherds, not mine though. Rare but something to watch for.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got a Flat coated retriever. She's very protective. Loves the grandchildren and family members. The youngest grandson is 5 and he gives her a hard time. Yanking on her tail, pulling her fur, trying to ride her like a horse. She just enjoys it.
    I can't imagine why a dog would attack a child the way that dog did. It definitely needed put down.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My Husky/Sherherd mix “guarding” the Mrs... This K9 has been great with the kids, only growls or barks a warning if they get too rough with her but one wrong move and she’s gone...

Attachments

• 9F9FB901-98D2-4D94-B62B-92945E9A6D8E.jpeg
      9F9FB901-98D2-4D94-B62B-92945E9A6D8E.jpeg
      32.4 KB · Views: 6

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My Husky/Sherherd mix “guarding” the Mrs... This K9 has been great with the kids, only growls or barks a warning if they get too rough with her but one wrong move and she’s gone...
    Had a husky back in high school. Miss him, they’re the most loving dogs ever. Only thing I hated was how much he shed his fur. That stuff was everywhere.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Had a husky back in high school. Miss him, they’re the most loving dogs ever. Only thing I hated was how much he shed his fur. That stuff was everywhere.

My retriever is the same way. I have to vacuum every couple of days and empty a container of hair. When she sheds it's once a day sometimes twice a day vacuuming.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My retriever is the same way. I have to vacuum every couple of days and empty a container of hair. When she sheds it's once a day sometimes twice a day vacuuming.

Ya I don’t miss that part at all. It gets everywhere too, just hard to keep up with.

We ended up shaving his fur. Not bald just really short, helped a lot. We would brush him out constantly but it didn’t put a dent in his shedding. Dang this makes me miss having a dog. Wife says no :(

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    WE had Husky and a mute with the 1st "X" and those 2 tracked the boys everywhere they went. Never left them. Great animals.

Ya they’re perfect for kids, super playful and super protective. Really smart too, ours would open the gate with his nose if we didn’t keep an eye on him when we let him out. He would go to the front porch and lay on the patio furniture. Dang I want another husky

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As far as I'm concerned CM has it right. Never assume, never quit watching them.

We had a medium sized shelter dog that "loved" my daughter for years when she was little. One day, for no apparent reason, the dog snapped at my daughter.

They are dogs. You cannot forget that.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This ferocious K9 will maul you to death.....if you’re made of stuffing.....

He does have a mean bark though when strangers come to the door, or mailbox. 80# of pure douchebag

d7j5k6K.jpg
    liPReqO.jpg

Top Bottom